Two prices for one items

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
maram.malli wrote:
Hello Maram,

OK, as you said there are two edit-boxes to enter the prices. One is old price and the other price. That is fine.
but when I go to "Prices by Customer Roles" tab, there is another box for price.

Customer role:  
Price:     [USD]  

What type of price is that? I tried it but it is ignored anyway!

Hi,
//One is old price and the other price.//This is the  price all user except the discount group.
Enter the Price for "Prices by Customer Roles" box,this is the price  for group of customers you want to set.

The OLD PRICE if used will allways display what you entered in that box
The PRICE will display as follows:
- If you did not used "Prices by Customer Roles" tab, it will display the price you entered in Price Box
-If you defined prices by customer roles and a customer with a role which had a price stated in "Prices by Customer Roles" will display the lowest corresponding to his role(s) if that price is lower than the one entered in Price box.

Examples:
You  entered:
- OLD PRICE $120
- PRICE: $100
- Prices by Customer Roles: $80 for "Prefered Customer"  and for $85 "Global Administrators"

If the customer has both roles it will display:
OLD PRICE $120
PRICE: $80 (The lowest of 100, 85 and 80)

If the customer is just "Global Administrator" it will display:
OLD PRICE $120
PRICE: $80

If the customer has is anonymus, or has not logged.-in or has not been assigned a role, it will display:
OLD PRICE $120
PRICE: $100
12 years ago
Does this apply to version 2.30 also?

Many thanks,

S
12 years ago
stevied wrote:
Does this apply to version 2.30 also?

Many thanks,

S

Yes. In addition for each product variant you can have an Special Price which will apply during a specified time range.
12 years ago
thanks for the quick reply! Just to confirm I need to have 1 price for my retail customers and 1 price for my trade customers AND they should not see each others prices...can i do this with special price?

Many thanks,

S
12 years ago
stevied wrote:
thanks for the quick reply! Just to confirm I need to have 1 price for my retail customers and 1 price for my trade customers AND they should not see each others prices...can i do this with special price?

No. You do that with Tier (1 tier) Prices by Customer Role (retail and trade). Check explanations above and example here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.