Request: Product page generate h1 & Description tags based on Product Name by default

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm new to nopCommerce, setting up our first site.

When setting up my 1st product, I expected the Title tag and Description meta tag to inherit the Product Name by default. That way there's no need to manually tweak those items for the majority of products.

However, the Description meta tag seems to be inheriting from the site's Description meta tag.

Also, an <h3> tag is generated based on the Product Name. There are no <h1> or <h2> tags. To be properly SEO'd, the Product Name really should generate an h1 tag.

I've perused the 1.9 and 2.0 work items over at codeplex, and don't see these listed as requests. Can somebody let me know if these items are in the pipeline?

P.S. I'm not sure how proficient I am at filtering the codeplex work items, however, so if I overlooked them, my apologies in advance
13 years ago
FYI that I've noticed in ver 1.9, the following IS happening (yay & thanks!)

The <Title> tag incorporates the Product Name.

The Product Name is delimited by an <h1> tag instead of an <h3> tag.

However, the Description meta tag still inherits the site's general Description meta tag, instead of a product-specific tag. That's still be nice to happen in a future version, but it's far less important than the Title and <h1> tags using the Product Name!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.