store images in file system

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Will someone please remind me how "store images in database" is named in all settings?

Thanks,
Chad
13 years ago
Go to admin section > Configuration > All Settings

It is on page 6 or 7 and look for the following

Media.Images.StoreInDB = false (when you don't want images to store in your database)
Media.Images.StoreInDB = true (when you want images to store in your database)
13 years ago
I've implemented changes that let you also sotre images anywhere on the filesystem.
Nop Commerce now let you only save images with ProductID in the file name.
I was migrating from another open source ecommerce platform where images could be stored on file system with the file name i want.
File name was important for me to organize files and manage them manually
I added a column in the nop commercerce db and changed code to manage images.
If you are interested contact me.
13 years ago
I've changed this setting, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. The file isn't being uploaded to my host, it's still just uploading the binary to the database. I'm using v1.9. Is there something I need to check? Has anyone got this feature to work in 1.9??
13 years ago
i've used it on 1.9 and it works fine - are you sure no images are uploaded to your   images   folder ??
13 years ago
Hello !!

I tested in 1.90 it works fine too.

But i have an advanced question : How does image file system works in NopCommerce ? Where can i find image URL field in database. Are pictures saved with thiers database picture id as file name ??
13 years ago
After some tests, i confirm when file system save is activated. Pictures are renamed with PictureID (under this format : 0000000_numPic)

Thank you.
9 years ago
*BUMP*

In version 3.10, we are storing the files in the file system, and not as a VARBINARY field.  I've determined that the file itself is some implementation of the host URL.  When running NOP, I'm looking at the file name to see how it's being changed.  A quick search of the Log table indicates that the file name is (most likely) being hashed in some format.

My question is ... where in the database is the product and picture correlation being made?  If it's in the host URL / hashed, where is that correlation being made?

thanks
8 years ago
In new version (I don't know from which version its changed but I am using 3.70), you can find that setting

Admin section > Configuration > Media Settings

Pictures are stored into...:  database  

click on Change button
8 years ago
Hi, I have an issue with this feature in 3.4

Well, long story short, no one changed the setting and now I have several thousand images in database.

I wisely backed up database and tried to change the setting.
Nopcommerce crashed due to OutOfMemory Exception (the load was too great for the worker process) and I ended up with a website not showing images.

After restoring the database, the images from db now load fine, but I still want to move them to filesystem.

Can I do it manually in more manageable chunks of data, like a 1000 at a time?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.