Product Attributes vs Product Specification Attributes vs Checkout Attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
OK, so I have a Super Mario Brothers store selling Mario Toys.

I have quite a few products that deal with different-colored Yoshi stuffed animals.

I need some help discerning which attribute to use here.

I would like to keep all of the color variants of a single stuffed animal on one page, so I think that might need to be checkout attribute.  But, I would like to be able to track stock for each different color, which sounds more like product specification attribute.

Also, I guess product specification attribute would also be nice, because it allows the end-user to filter by the color.  The only downside is that I would need to have many multiples of Yoshi products just to show the different color, so I think as far as I know, I need to chose the checkout attribute.
13 years ago
Define each colour as a different variant of the same product, so in the same page you will display each one of the colours. In each variant you can define stock too.
13 years ago
Should they just be separate SKUs of the same product?  Is that what you mean?

Or should it be a Product Attribute, Product Specification or Checkout Attribute under Catalog > Attributes

Thanks for the help though.
13 years ago
qcom wrote:
Should they just be separate SKUs of the same product?  Is that what you mean?

Or should it be a Product Attribute, Product Specification or Checkout Attribute under Catalog > Attributes

Thanks for the help though.

Yes they should be separate variants (there is a different SKU for each one) of the same product
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.