STRANGE error message in system log

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Almost everyday i get a strange error message in my system log:

View log entry details (back to system log)
t Log type:   Unknown
t Severity:   11
t Message:   This is an invalid script resource request.
t Exception:   System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): This is an invalid script resource request. at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.Throw404() at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
t IP address:   41.111.98.11
t Customer:   
t Page URL:   http://www.mydomainname.com/scriptresource.axd?d=bqzg7_8ynnlkr3xy61ziy6nrsj_fuedu0q7kyvegq969
t Referrer:   http://www.mydomainname.com/profile.aspx?userid=172
t Created on:   11/12/2010 11:09:32 AM

1) what's causing this error ?

2) How to get rid of this error message ?
13 years ago
I also get this error (almost everyday)

Log type:   Unknown
t Severity:   11
t Message:   This is an invalid webresource request.
t Exception:   System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): This is an invalid webresource request. at System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader.System.Web.IHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
t IP address:   16.143.34.53
t Customer:   
t Page URL:   http://www.mydomainname.com/webresource.axd?d=jzwlikufh34n7hz9g1-klhgj94krp4j7zdjh1j8fr9ay9ad
t Referrer:   
t Created on:   11/12/2010 10:37:39 AM
13 years ago
I have had similar error in my own application. I think that it is the HTML editor because it has to pull images and scripts from the ASP.NET AjaxControlToolkit.
13 years ago
thanks for replying back derek,

what do you think about the other error message ?
13 years ago
I think that they are both related to the HTML editor. The script resource refers to the JavaScript that is pulled from the AjaxControlToolkit.dll and the web resource is the images that are pulled from the AjaxcontrolToolkit.dll.
13 years ago
thanks derek for getting back on this issue.
13 years ago
I am also getting the this error. I get about 3 to 4 at a time within a few seconds of each other. Any word on how to fix it?
13 years ago
I have also noticed that the error is all from the same IP address, 66.249.71.214. So, I am sure that is error is caused by just a spam bot and not concern too much about it. Just a pain to have to clear the log.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.