CSS Looks great in Firefox but falls down in IE7 and IE6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi Guys.

I have put together a new template for my site that really gets rid of all the clutter.

Its looks like I want it too in Firefox and IE8 - but when it comes to IE7 and IE6 the footer just falls apart at the bottom of the page.

Is there a CSS guru that can give me a hand / take a look at it for me?

In all honesty I am not bothered about IE6 as its virtually dead now - however - IE7 I would like to fix.

http://www.sikclothing.co.uk/

Any help would be appreciated!
13 years ago
Looks nice in IE8

Found some minor issues. Send me a PM with your emailaddress and I will send you some screenshots.

Set the menu "hidden"as the default. After a refresh the menu is displayed/hidden.
13 years ago
Hi SiK

Nice clean looking site!

There is a know issue with IE6/7 concerning inline lists.

.header-links ul li
{
  list-style: none;
  display:inline-block;
  padding-right: 2px;
  margin:0;
  zoom: 1;
  *display:inline;  
}

Adding the last two properties to the inline list will ensure that the list items line up horizontally in IE6/7

This may also be required for FF   display: -moz-inline-box;

Murray
13 years ago
you can Aiming at the browser's different set up different CSS,
A simple method:

ie6:

* html div{
xxxxxx
}

ie7:

*+html div{
xxxxxxx
}

only ie6 and ie7 Inheritance such CSS;
Other browsers ignore such CSS
13 years ago
browser compatibility is always a pain in web development as the standard is not constant.

You can find a lot of articles in google to help you with it.

My suggestion for you is using the IETESTER, this is a good tool for test WEBSITE behaviour under IE.

Regards.

Larry
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.