v1.8 Assigning a discount to a product where the customer enters their own price does not seem to work

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have been playing with this feature for about two hours and have decided it is a possible bug.

I set up a product (gift card) where the customer can enter their own price ($25-$1000).  I then went to create a discount, set it to:

- Discount type: Assigned to product variants (SKUs)
- Discount Requirement: none
- Discount limitation: Unlimited
- Name: my name
- Use percentage: not checked
- Discount Amount: 10
- Start Date: today
- End Date: today
- Requires Coupon Code: Not checked

I then went to my product SKU and selected the discount.  When I added that item to my cart, the discount did not appear.  I tried changing it to a percentage.  That didn't work.  I tried adding a coupon code, that didn't work.

I then went in and created a another product (Gift Card) and set the price to $100.  I applied the same discount to that SKU, and the discount is taken in the cart.

Please let me know if I can provide more info.
12 years ago
bug exists 1.9 too - just discovered it (when I least needed it!!)
12 years ago
seems it is by design, just found this line in PriceHelper.cs

//we don't apply discounts to products with price entered by a customer

shame about that, a quick fix would be great if anyone could manage that for 1.9 ??
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.