Why does GoogleCheckout appear on the page Cart page of the shopping cart, but not on the Payment page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have just enabled GoogleCheckout but noticed that during the checkout process, the GoogleCheckout logo appears on the Cart page, and if the user doesn't see it/click it there, Google Checkout is not listed as a Payment option on the Payment page (just PayPal standard and Credit Card appears).

Can someone explain why it is set up that way?  

Thanks a million!!
13 years ago
I'm not sure, but I think that it may be due to the fact that Google Checkout doesn't let you send address information, so having a customer fill out all that address stuff would be pointless. You'll get the address from Google anyway...

I agree with you that it seems like it is in the wrong place. I have seen other people move it to the end of the whole cart process, but unless you are willing to crack into the code you have to deal with it where it is - there is no setting to move it that I'm aware of.

What I'd like to see is the whole cart process changed. The first thing that you should have a customer do is choose their payment type, that would allow the program to make a determination on whether or not it will ask the customer for any addresses. Asking for addresses first is fine for larger sites (www.walmart.com) that use an integrated payment processor and know that they're going to need some addresses, but for smaller sites who use Paypal or Google or Amazon for payment, there is no need to ask for an address.

Part of the appeal of using those services is that you don't have to fill out your info over and over again for each site you want to shop at. Just my opinion...

This is going on my laundry list... I may get around to fixing it one of these days, if someone else doesn't do it first.
13 years ago
Agree with you ... it seems overly confusing to me.  I think users should pick the payment type first then be prompted for mailing info.
13 years ago
I've changed the code to show "PayPal Checkout" on the shopping cart page too.

It's really easy to buy this way.

Click on buy item, Checkout, Paypal Checkout and confirm the order.

After this the buyer details are saved in nop too and when the buyer comes back the new order is added to the nop details.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.