Fix For Cancelled Order Placed in NOP Commerce 4.2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
sina.islam wrote:
Dear Community,

Is there a proper fix for Cancelled order in Payment Gateway to not place order and decrease inventory.

We have to manually cancel the order every time.
It should send user to Order Not Placed Please Retry.

Why NOPcommerce team did not fix this problem in the upgrade ????

Thank You.
Please see the discussion.
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/223

I am asking for a FIX , not a closed forum in 2017.
We are in end of 2019 with new technology and new 4.2 version.
Check Out Flow is Key in E commerce !  This has to be Fixed .
4 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Dear Community,

Is there a proper fix for Cancelled order in Payment Gateway to not place order and decrease inventory.

We have to manually cancel the order every time.
It should send user to Order Not Placed Please Retry.

Why NOPcommerce team did not fix this problem in the upgrade ????

Thank You.
Please see the discussion.
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/223

I am asking for a FIX , not a closed forum in 2017.
We are in end of 2019 with new technology and new 4.2 version.
Check Out Flow is Key in E commerce !  This has to be Fixed .

I understand but there is no possibilities in the near future at least according to the GitHub discussion. But you can achieve that by customizing the source code or even introduce a middle table like redirect paymentmethod "pending orders" table and then after successful payment move the order to the main "orders". This is just a thought but in reality, a lot needs to do. As when an Order placed a lot of things happen under the hood like email, pdf, inventory, etc.
4 years ago
Is there any live NOP commerce website which has done custom checkout process to fix the mentioned problem or even make checkout experience better.

Thanks
4 years ago
Does this plugin work internal to nopCommerce or do you get posted to a third party website which is displayed and you enter the credit card details in that website ?
If it is the later then what is the answer to my question ?

Yidna wrote:
What do you want to happen for the case when after the payment is made there is an error on the return from the payment gateway and the nop website is not called back for some reason and the order does not get completed. Then you have a payment made but no order becuase the order has not been created?
4 years ago
Yidna wrote:
Does this plugin work internal to nopCommerce or do you get posted to a third party website which is displayed and you enter the credit card details in that website ?
If it is the later then what is the answer to my question ?

What do you want to happen for the case when after the payment is made there is an error on the return from the payment gateway and the nop website is not called back for some reason and the order does not get completed. Then you have a payment made but no order becuase the order has not been created?

Thankyou for question . I have done some research and below is my solution.
Please note I am not developer but Site owner bootstraping ! Please feel free to improve on below .

Ok , I would propose to eliminate the redirection outside the ecommerce website for payment and then back into ecommerce website post transaction.
With use of Iframe technology . This ways the complete transaction takes place within the website at all time.

This is greatly improve checkout speed and also drop outs.
Please see iframe integration for cc avenue . hence the same can be done for all payment gateway.

https://www.ccavenue.ae/features.jsp#feature-block11

Let me know your thoughts on completely improving the checkout to onepagecheckout with iframe for payment gateways.

Thanks
4 years ago
As you say using an iFrame to integrate the payment gateway would “reduce payment hops and allow customers to make secure payments without leaving your webpage for a seamless brand experience” I assume you could also use their inbuilt retry option as well. All this would all helps to make a better website solution.

But in the end it is still using their website inside your website and all the same issues and the above question still applies. As a developer I would not be changing anything about the way that nopCommerce system works. i.e. you still need an order and everything else associated before you make a payment. Then the fact is the customer still may not have a valid credit card or something else may not be correct and they will need to cancel trying to make a payment.

So in this case, as you have suggested, you could automatically cancel the order if no payment was made but also another way would be to try and get payment for the sale. Hence the outcome of the discussion https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/223 will be left to individual developers to decide.

Also as a developer I need to go back the first post in this thread. Why is cancelling an order such a big problem – am I to understand  that this is a very regular occurrence and most of your orders are not paid ? Why don’t you chase the customers payment – I mean they purchased something subject to terms and conditions don’t they need to pay for it somehow ?
Going back another step – if this is the case, why are you getting so many orders not paid – were they even real orders in the first place. For me this would be the real problem to solve.

Anyway to resolve this thread. If you really want the payment gateway to be upgraded I do not know if the nop team will be making any developments to this payment gateway in the next version ? More likely a developer would need to be engaged to carryout the upgrades.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.