Upgrade path from 1.10 to 1.11

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Is there an upgrade path from the earlier version to the new one?  Is there some sort of installation script?  Is the database configuration the same?
15 years ago
DB... there is an upgrade script in the install folder.
15 years ago
Or just the installation wizard. That can do the upgrade for you.

Thanks
Ben
15 years ago
Hi Ben,
I had a newbie question. I already have 1.10 up and running. How do I invoke the installation wizard to do the upgrade? Do I simply overwrite the older files with the newer versions?
Thanks,
srb.
15 years ago
I would recommend removing the existing 1.10 files first then copy up 1.11. Then just run http://www.yourdomain.com/install/install.aspx
15 years ago
I just tried doing this and I'm getting the following error:

Server Error in '/nop' Application.
IsGuest
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: IsGuest

Source Error:

Line 64:         public static bool GetBoolean(IDataReader rdr, string columnName)
Line 65:         {
Line 66:             int index = rdr.GetOrdinal(columnName);
Line 67:             if (rdr.IsDBNull(index))
Line 68:             {

Source File: Z:\web\nopCommerce\NopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\NopSqlDataHelper.cs    Line: 66

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
WaltD
15 years ago
I just ran my script manually and then went and cleared the cache and all seems to be working fine now.  However, I did notice in my admin section it still says nopCommerce 1.10.

Thanks,
WaltD
15 years ago
Installation wizard changes 1.10 to 1.11 (you didn't use it), so change it manually
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.