An error occurred while starting the application.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
After I installed a plugin and restarted the application via admin I have this message : An error occurred while starting the application.

I can't access to my website. Since 1hour ..
4 years ago
You can enable the stdout from the .config file and check for the error message.
4 years ago
I recently run into a similar problem. After installing a plugin in the nopcommerce hosted at azure, the site crashed. After some inspection I found out the plugin I used was released for 64 bit only. And  the Azure used standard 32 bit pool and core which was resolved by switching to a 64 bit version. This may or may not be the case for your scenario but it’s worth verifying.
4 years ago
Hi,
where I found this .config<?

I have in logs :
error301  POST /scheduletask/runtask - HTTP/1.1
error500  GET /scheduletask/runtask - HTTP/1.1
error500  GET /admin - HTTP/2.0
error500  GET /favicon.ico - HTTP/2.0
4 years ago
Check line number 14 here. Set stdoutLogEnabled="true". Then check error log in /Logs folder.
4 years ago
I have just one readme.txt here on logs folder:
This folder is used only for system logging by ASP.NET (could be enabled in web.config file)
nopCommerce uses its own logging implementation (available in admin area)

I have another logs folder, with u_extended log file ?
4 years ago
double post
4 years ago
sanju.dahal741 wrote:
I recently run into a similar problem. After installing a plugin in the nopcommerce hosted at azure, the site crashed. After some inspection I found out the plugin I used was released for 64 bit only. And  the Azure used standard 32 bit pool and core which was resolved by switching to a 64 bit version. This may or may not be the case for your scenario but it’s worth verifying.

Maybe I need to restart the site :
https://docs.nopcommerce.com/user-guide/installing/faq.html
How can I do that please ?
4 years ago
You can follow this article on MSDN.
But, more importantly, did you remove the plugin you installed that caused the issue? If you can not access the admin panel then try deleting the plugins folder from the server, remove the plugin's name from plugins.json and if you are aware of any database changes made by the plugin(table creation) then you can drop these tables manually with SQL script.
By the way, can you name the plugin that caused the issue?
4 years ago
I run nopcommerce on plesk with source code, and install it with ftp.

After Upload the plugin to the /plugins folder in nopCommerce directory and install it, the problem come when I click on restart the application.

I deleted the plugin from plugin folder, but can't access my database when website is down //
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.