There is a huge volume of logs in host

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
Hi, I installed nopCommerce 4.2 and every few days I had to delete the contents inside the log folder in the host because of their size between a few hundred megabytes and a gig. Of course, if I don't erase it, it will increase in size and take up all the host's space.
Does anyone know what the reason is and what can be done to prevent this from happening?
4 years ago
Well almost all the errors, warnings are logged in the log table. Are all the logs caused by the same problem? Can you provide us some of the stack traces?
Edit: I think I misunderstood the question. Do you mean the log inside the log directory? You can disable the logging in the directory by setting the stdoutLogEnabled="false" on the web.config. But before that please debug/check and find out what is actually producing all those errors.
4 years ago
Mortherat95 wrote:
Hi, I installed nopCommerce 4.2 and every few days I had to delete the contents inside the log folder in the host because of their size between a few hundred megabytes and a gig. Of course, if I don't erase it, it will increase in size and take up all the host's space.
Does anyone know what the reason is and what can be done to prevent this from happening?

Log creation and redirection

The ASP.NET Core Module redirects stdout and stderr console output to disk if the stdoutLogEnabled and stdoutLogFile attributes of the aspNetCore element are set. Any folders in the stdoutLogFile path are created by the module when the log file is created. The app pool must have write access to the location where the logs are written (use IIS AppPool\<app_pool_name> to provide write permission). Read more from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/aspnet-core-module?view=aspnetcore-3.1

To disable the log go to the  Presentation==>Nop.Web==>web.config file and set stdoutLogEnabled="false" .
4 years ago
I don't have access to the panel right now, but as I'm searching, I read somewhere that it was written: On the web.config set stdoutLogEnable to false, It is true?
4 years ago
Thank you very much for solving this problem. But for a while, there is a volume of "logs folder" before the "http folder" in the hosts, which gets bigger and the host gets suspended. What to do about it?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.