Number of ways in which an order status could be "COMPLETED"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
If a tracking number is entered then it is shipped, right?  That should be the only criteria.  Also, how to update this via HTTP request or through the database and still get the email sent?
12 years ago
jmorris wrote:
If a tracking number is entered then it is shipped, right?  

If you're order status is "Pending" and you set tracking # for that particular order, the order status will still remain as "Pending" and no e-mail will be send to the customer about shipping. There will be no change in the order process or anything. The only difference will be that if customer goes to "My Account" > order details > he/she can see the tracking #.

The store owner will have to manually click on "Set as shipped" button and then only an e-mail will be send for notifying customer that product has been shipped.

I hope in future versions of nopCommerce - If order status process becomes configurable, all the store owners will be able to configure the order process according to their own store requirement(s) which will make order process very flexible.
12 years ago
We know you must complete the extra steps, I was illustrating the point that once a tracking number is entered, it is shipped and the software should update accordingly without several other steps to clear the order.  Plus, who ever knows the real delivery date or goes back after it is delivered to enter that info?

Now that everyone is on the same page...

I wrote a query today to pull pending orders shipping info into a file for UPS Worldship, works great.  My question is how to put the tracking numbers back into the database AND still fire the email off.

I would prefer to update the table, without having to imitate a web user and click to the order, then update the tracking and make the other clicks to clear the order.  Any ideas?  

Also, how to print multiple invoices (all open) with 1 click or schedule the printing without clicking...even better?
12 years ago
Any more information on this? The amount of orders we ship out and some of the shipping carriers (USPS) have very poor tracking and can not really track international shipments. I just do not have the time to track every shipment to know when it is delivered to mark the order as complete. It would also be nice to be able to custom the order status.

Like:
Processing
In Production
Shipped/Complete
10 years ago
edcorusa wrote:
Any more information on this? The amount of orders we ship out and some of the shipping carriers (USPS) have very poor tracking and can not really track international shipments. I just do not have the time to track every shipment to know when it is delivered to mark the order as complete. It would also be nice to be able to custom the order status.

Like:
Processing
In Production
Shipped/Complete

Any update?   This seems to have been lost in the shuffle, but it's no less important.
10 years ago
I think it's certainly important.

Maybe ad the payment option:
Processing
Payment received
In Production
Shipped/Complete

Thanks!

Patrick Heijmans
10 years ago
Andrei,

Maybe you can tell us if there is a configurable order proces in nopCommerce 3.20 ?
Thanks!
10 years ago
It will be very useful in the case of picking up in store. The order is done once the client paid, no shipping, no delivering needed.
8 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Agree, it should be more configurable. Work item is already created (vote here)

Hello Sir,

I am using NP3.60. I am new to NP and on ecommerce too. Please tell me what is the best way to process any order of sale. I am taking about the method to follow as an E commerce ADMIN.

Please provide me detailed answer so that I may get all the benefits of your updated NP features.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.