Promotion Providers and Price Lists - Will not generate Feed - returns to login. (1.8)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have quadruple checked this before posting this...

In both the Promotion Providers and the Price Lists section Under Promotions, whenever I try to create a feed or list the the status bar shows progression for about 3 minutes and then redirects to the login page.

My database has 17,000 items in it.  I'm thinking the process is timing out!

No matter what I try, I can not get this function to work!!!

At this point, this functionality is totally useless to me right when I need it most.

Any help?
13 years ago
With the Yahoo and Become feeds I am getting the following error after about 10 seconds...

Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: value
13 years ago
So right now, I'm running in Debug mode while connected to the remote SQL Server... It has been near 20 minutes and the productVariants.AddRange(product.ProductVariants); foreach loop in Pricelistinfo.ascx.cs is only at 7,500 of 1,7000 items.  It has not timed out yet...

I ran this on my local machine and local SQLExpress and was able to get the page to load within 10 minutes.  I accidently hit "Assigned Products" under Export mode and the system hung until I hit the browser stop button.

This definitely seems like a performance issue. I don't understand why the entire database has to go through so many different functions just to load the pricelistAdd.aspx page.  It should load the page... get the user input on how to create the list and then create the list upon user submission... and not take more than a couple of minutes.

Will post again with how long it took to load data on local machine with remote SQL and if it even worked.
13 years ago
2 hours later...

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Connection timeout... I got nothing...
13 years ago
Froogle, price grabber, yahoo shopping, become.com are free  ?

Any store owner can open an account on these website for free ?

A store owner can submit the generated feed for free  on these website for free ?

how to upload generated feed on these websites ?

If i make any change in product information, can i delete the old feed from these websites and upload the new one ?
13 years ago
It's a performance issue. Definitely should be optimized
13 years ago
super wrote:
Froogle, price grabber, yahoo shopping, become.com are free  ?

No... they require CPC or cost per click and many make you pay up-front
(I am giving the short and to-the-point answers here.)

super wrote:
Any store owner can open an account on these website for free ?

Store Owner - Yes, Free - No

super wrote:
A store owner can submit the generated feed for free  on these website for free ?

See above

super wrote:
how to upload generated feed on these websites ?  

FTP after an account has been setup and money placed into account.  Some let you upload file.

super wrote:
If i make any change in product information, can i delete the old feed from these websites and upload the new one

Some have expiration built in so you would need to upload new file but the answer overall is YES.
13 years ago
I was able to get the Froogle to create an XML file by copying my database to my local machine, running the website through localhost and then editing the XML File to provide the correct links (used the local host as domain).

I tried to create the Become file but got the same error as above.  This seems to be an outright bug.  I will be stepping through later and may find the issue... will try to bypass and create some script to accomplish the output on my own.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.