Change Store Logo

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
Sorry to bother you all. As I am very nwbie, an anyone point out to me to change the following things.
1. Change Logo on the store
2. Change the currency to US DOllar and CD Dollar Only

Thank you
15 years ago
Hi I'm pretty new to it as well lets see if I can help -

I have only used nopcommerce 1.10 i'm not sure if anything has changed in 1.11

The easiest way to put in your own logo is just to replace logo.jpg in the NopCommerce\NopCommerceWeb\images directory. You can change its properties in the style.css file in the NopCommerce\NopCommerceWeb\App_Themes\publicStore directory.

In the admin section you can select the default currency, I don't have nopcommerce on this pc so I can't tell you exactly where but its one one the settings in there, you shouldn't need to change any code.

Hope that helps, I'd imagine nopcommerce 1.11 is similar
15 years ago
Logo is logo.gif in nopCommerce 1.11 - it is now set using CSS rather than in the page directly so that logos can change when a new theme is selected (user selectable themes not yet implemented).

Just replace /App_Themes/ThemeName/Images/logo.gif with the one of your choice.

Styles below for reference (master.css):

.header-logo
{
  margin-top: 5px;
  float: left;
  text-align: left;
}

a.logo
{
  background: url('images/logo.gif');
  display: block;
  width: 225px;
  height: 60px;
  text-decoration: none;
}

As for currencies you can set these in Configuration > Location > Currencies. Just disable the ones you do not require.

Hope this helps,
Ben
14 years ago
Hi,

I changed the logo reference in master.css to use a *.png logo, but it still displays the original logo.gif

How do I use a different named logo (preferably png format as I can then achieve transparency and the right color depth). Thank you.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
have you cleared your browser cache?
14 years ago
Hi,

No, I didn't clear the browser cache (assume I should have done). So that I can start creating new themes, could you possibly confirm that all I need do is modify the css files (in the relevant theme folder)?

Is there any documentation that you could recommend to help? (as I don't think I will know what all the classes are).

1.20 nopCommerce is fantastic software and I am incredibly impressed with it.

Once I have mastered the themes, I plan on developing some that can be distributed here and would like to contribute to the community.

Thanks again for your help and assistance.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
Hi,

OK, my bad - I was keeping a backup of the master.css as master_OLD.css (in the same them folder). I Removed that and all is working great! Any chance of getting a list of all the CSS classes? Thanks.

Also, what creates the orange line around the search button? I can change the button graphic background, but not the orange outline.
UPDATE: OK, I found that in servercontrols.css. :-)

Thanks again.

Regards,
Andrew
14 years ago
There is no documentation on the themes. They have however been structured to make it easy to make changes. The names of the individual css files represent the classes they contain e.g. products, categories, manufacturers, master page, server controls etc.

If you are unsure of what classes are used on a page then I recommend using a browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or IE8 and using the inspector tools you can find the css that is being applied to an element.

Hope this helps,
Ben
14 years ago
nopCommerce team | retroviz wrote:
There is no documentation on the themes. They have however been structured to make it easy to make changes. The names of the individual css files represent the classes they contain e.g. products, categories, manufacturers, master page, server controls etc.

If you are unsure of what classes are used on a page then I recommend using a browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox or IE8 and using the inspector tools you can find the css that is being applied to an element.

Hope this helps,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks. You're right of course - the CSS was easy to change. I had a new theme built within a few hours.

Another question: I was looking at the payment modules (PayPal Standard, PayPal Express), on both it states that the primary currency must be set to USD. My site will use GBP as primary currency and I was hoping to use PayPal Payments Pro; will tht be possible? (does PayPal Direct correspond to PayPal Payments Pro in nopCommerce?, sorry - have not yet looked at the payment functionality)

Also, could anybody point me in the right direction for setting up a SSL key to enable HTTPS when it comes to entering credit card info. etc?

nopCommerce is extreme$ly impressive! An enormous thank you to the developers for making this available to us all.

Regards,
Andrew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.