UPS standard shipping does not work

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 years ago
The inches is not used for the actual API to USP so what I mean is just ignore it.

Although you are probably right as I only added centimetre to my measures after so it probably would be ok now.

All it needs ideally is for the official plugin to be able to specify kg/cm or lb/in then it would work fine.  So should be a really easy update for nop to do.
4 years ago
RE:"The inches is not used for the actual API to USP ..."
But it is used to convert the dimensions from primary measure to the measure to send, so your sent measurements may not be accurate.  In your case it may be OK, because of your primary measure, but it may not be the case in general.

RE: "So should be a really easy update for nop to do"
You can put the updated plugin code in github and request a pull.
3 years ago
I have done the changes, mentioned in this post and rates are showing from UPS. The issue is they are getting the values what the store owner pays for UPS but not exact values which need to be shown on for customer. Is there any missing in calculation?

Thanks
3 years ago
Hi,

I think, this can be done only with the AdditionalHandlingCharge field in the configuration panel of the plugin.

Kind regards, stephan
3 years ago
schurig wrote:
I think, this can be done only with the AdditionalHandlingCharge field in the configuration panel of the plugin.

How is that related to "Error while getting UPS rates One or more errors occurred"?
3 years ago
To be honest, I do not use this plugin at the moment. It is true, that fixing the errors described in the previous posts led to rates that could be aquired through the UPS Api, but at least for UPS germany they made no sense and changing parameters like carrier services or pickup types ended up in a mess. Furthermore, the correct rates heavily depend on valueable information of product weights and dimensions, which isn't so easy to have for all products especially when combining an arbitrary number into one single package. I rather stick to the manual shipping provider at the moment. Later I want to develop an UPS plugin written for my needs.
3 years ago
RE: " but at least for UPS germany they made no sense and changing parameters like carrier services or pickup types ended up in a mess. ...."
Would you expand on that?

RE: " ... combining an arbitrary number into one single package. "
There are three "Packing types" on the UPS configuration page.  You may need to try them all to see if the rates better match your expectations.  Or, try a plugin like Shipping Director that has "Packing".
3 years ago
Hi New York,
I will write more on my experiences with the UPS plugin later, at the moment I am busy. Do you know if any of the bugs reported here have been taken into account in the 4.30 release? Thanks for the Shipping director hint, maybe I'll give it a try.
Cheers, Stephan
3 years ago
I think the only updates to UPS plugin were
a) support per store configurations
b) new TransitDays feature (for all shipping provider plugins)
c) bug fix regarding Saturday delivery error message
d) non-feature related code refactoring (e.g. using's scope)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.