Product Admin Performance Issue with 1000 product database

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
I have about 1,000 products in the database.  When I click to edit a product in Admin, it takes several minutes to load the page - I suspect because of the way that the related items list is being loaded.  This list is not practical in cases where there are significant numbers of products - in the case I am testing, I only have about 20% of the customer's items loaded for testing.

I will look into patching this myself but I thought it was a significant enough issue to report.

Thank You,

Bryan
15 years ago
Bryan, I also think this will definitely become a major issue in an online shop with a mid-size product collection. The "problem" is, that the page creates an instance for each single product in the listing, which takes up huge resources. A cleaner way would be to either just display the result of an SQL query and do some paging on this as well. This should speed up the loading of the page.

Another issue would be navigation in the admin area. How to find the product you want to edit. I know you could navigate using the treeview in the category menu-item, but this page has the same performance issue as the products.aspx (but is not as clearly arranged).

What would be your approaches on solving this?

Cheers,
hoppi
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.