So, how Do you install this product?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi All

I've downloaded version 1.6 to use until my server upgrades, however, there doesn't seem to be any installation instructions.

Where can I find them? If I use the Microsoft installer, it only offers 1.8.

Is there a tutorial or video somewhere to see exactly how it's done?

Thanks
13 years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHkX7BdcdWA
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwWIIRZP6E
13 years ago
This just seems to be for loading to a remote server.

I was hoping to install it and run it on my local machine first. Going to the Install Dir and trying the same doesn't work.

Is there a way to use the Microsoft Installer for an earlier version?

Thanks
13 years ago
Presuming that you have IIS with .NET 4 and SQL Server installed and running on your machine, just create a new site in IIS that points to where you have installed nopCommerce on your machine. Set it up as a .NET 4 application and browse to the site - nopCommerce will detect that it is a new install and take you through the steps to get up and running :)
13 years ago
Thanks

I tried that but when I go to localhost it gives me this error:

Server Error in '/nopCommerce' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

In IIS Manager, it's under Sites and nopCommerce has a Globe Icon, so as far as I know, I've done what I need to do in there.

Am I missing something else?

Thanks
13 years ago
Check that you have assigned an application pool for the site and that it is configured to use .NET4 with the integrated pipeline and not the classic pipeline.

To check this is the case, click on the relevant site within IIS Manager, then click View Applications, you should see the assigned application pool name.
Now to check it has the correct settings, click Application Pools (on the left in the Connections tree view), then click the correct application pool name from the list, then click Basic Settings (on the right in the Actions area). Make sure it's set-up correctly

Hope this helps :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.