Installation question

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello,

I have installed nopCommerce locally and works fine but as far as server installation although I followed steps explained in document file yet I get the famous error (following). I changed the "Off" to "On" yet it doesn't show me the error or what causing it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>
13 years ago
Can somebody give me a link or hint to find out what is the difference here? I have commented the <customerror> block and created a separate <customerror="Off" />  yet cannot see the error message!

Also, to install on a server, do I need to install all the files or just files under \NopCommerceStore\ directory? if latter then what happens to the other directories?

Thanks.
13 years ago
Hi

Take a look at these threads:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3847/run-time-error.aspx

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/862/web-hosting-problem.aspx

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/4107/installation-problem-at-godaddy-i-cannot-see-the-page-only-the-source-code.aspx

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/3971/installation.aspx
13 years ago
rsavra wrote:
Also, to install on a server, do I need to install all the files or just files under \NopCommerceStore\ directory? if latter then what happens to the other directories?

Thanks.

On the server you only need to upload files (that are in NopCommerceStore Folder) on your root directory.
13 years ago
I have uploaded onto %root%/MyStore/NopCmmerceStore

I'm assuming this is what you mean. Right? or do you mean %root%/NopCmmerceStore ?

Thanks for answering it
13 years ago
rsavra wrote:
I have uploaded onto %root%/MyStore/NopCmmerceStore

I'm assuming this is what you mean. Right? or do you mean %root%/NopCmmerceStore ?

Thanks for answering it

You can do %root%/My Store or your domain name / Files from NopCommerceStore Folder (no need to use nopCommerceStore folder - just put all the files & folders etc inside your "MyStore folder)

If you will do this: %root%/MyStore/NopCmmerceStore/ files and folders - "NopCommerceStore name will be displayed on the url of your website whenever you will click on homepage.
13 years ago
Mike,

I'm glad you shared that with me

1) What happens to other directories such as:

Tax/
Shipping/
Libraries/
Dependencies/

which are out of the "NopCommerceStore" directory?

2) Now, when I go to store (after moving all files from NopCommerceStore to root) I see don't have authorization as visitor. My IIS is setup as:

Script Source Access UNCHECKED
Read    CHECKED
Write    UNCHECKED
Directory Browsing  UNCHECKED

and I"m assuming Execute Permissions must be set as Scripts and Executable.

Is this right setting for NOP?

Please advise.

Regards.
13 years ago
rsavra wrote:
I'm glad you shared that with me but what happens to other directories such as:
Tax/
Shipping/
Libraries/
Dependencies/

which are out of the "NopCommerceStore" directory?

Please advise.

Regards.

These directory are useful for development purpose for your local machine.

When you make changes in code (in .cs files) or in the structure of nopCommerce project and you rebuilt your project, these directories / files update .dll files which exists in "bin" folder (inside NopCommerceStore folder).

So for any developer it's important to maintain 2 copies of your project, one on server and one on local machine.

If you are making any changes in aspx, you can do that directly on your webserver but when you are making any changes in .cs files. -> Never Make Changes Directly On Your Live Website On Server <- You need to re-built and at the time of rebuilt these directories / files will come into work which will update your .dll files. So you will do all these changes on  your local machine project and then you will update your bin folder and changes on your webserver.
13 years ago
I have followed all the steps one by one more than 3 times but I keep getting the following message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Can you give me some hints on this issue?

Thanks.
13 years ago
OK finally I found the issue. in IIS there is a tab for each website as ASP.NET and I noticed by default it was set to 1.xx so I changed it to 4.xx then had to restart the service.

Now it is up and running.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.