1.8 Installation assistance needed

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

First I installed v 1.6 straight from godaddy. I really like it. I figured I would go ahead and try to get 1.8 installed while I'm at it.

Here is what I'm getting so far on the index page. I put it in code so that it can be easier to see.

Server Error in '/perfect3dgift' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 22:       <error statusCode="404" redirect="filenotfound.htm"/>
Line 23:     </customErrors>
Line 24:     <compilation debug="false" targetFramework="4.0">
Line 25:       <expressionBuilders>
Line 26:         <add expressionPrefix="NopResources" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Localization.NopResourceExpressionBuilder, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>

Source File: D:\Hosting\7080270\html\perfect3dgift\web.config    Line: 24

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3615; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4049
13 years ago
The reason you're getting this error because godaddy doesn't support 4.0 framework and nopCommerce 1.7 and 1.8 requires 4.0 framework.

nopCommerce 1.6 and previous versions are based on 3.5 framework which is supported by godaddy.

You have 2 options:

Either stays with godaddy and work with 1.6 version OR change your hosting company to that which support 4.0 and go for the latest version of nopCommerce.

Here are few hosting companies which support 4.0 framework: Arvixe, Softsys Hosting, LLC, Applied Innovations
13 years ago
Thanks, I think I will stay with 1.6 for now. I will probably make the change down the road.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.