Newbie to nopcommerce; How to deal with books, ISBN

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm strubbling in how to set up the products end expecially how to setup specific details.

I would like to setup something like books.

From a book I would like to show the number of pages. The way to do that is to add a product category and add as options the sizes from books. In this case I can live with that.
But I also want to add an isbn-code to it, this is different for each book (= product). Where and what do I have to setup.
13 years ago
aart wrote:

From a book I would like to show the number of pages. The way to do that is to add a product category and add as options the sizes from books. In this case I can live with that..

It is better to have the number of pages as Product Specifications
1. Predefine  specification Number of Pages and the values it might have (if you are going to deal it as a range) in catalog>>attributes>>Specification attributes
2. When you creat your product you assign the corresponding pecification and value: catalog>>manage products>>Edit/add product>>Product Specifications

*1) if you want to show the specific number of pages (not a range) you might use an extension: https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/164/product-specification-value-mod.aspx

aart wrote:

But I also want to add an isbn-code to it, this is different for each book (= product). Where and what do I have to setup.

Use the SKU field which is specific for that purpose: catalog>>manage products>>Edit/add product>>Product Variant (SKU)>> View >> Product SKU
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.