Thousands of attempts to send out an email

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I'm looking at the system log for the first time trying to resolve another issue and I found over 8,000 log entries for an email that's trying to go out.

LogTypeID 2
Severity 11
CustomerId 0
Ipaddress is blank
pageurl is blank
ReferrerUrl is blank

Error sending e-mail. Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: not logged in

Exception:
System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Sender address rejected: not logged in     at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)     at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)     at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.MessageManager.SendEmail(String subject, String body, MailAddress from, MailAddress to, List`1 bcc, List`1 cc, EmailAccount emailAccount) in C:\Web\Store\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Messages\MessageManager.cs:line 1729     at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Messages.SendQueuedMessagesTask.Execute(XmlNode node) in C:\Web\Store\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\Messages\SendQueuedMessagesTask.cs:line 62

What's trying to send these messages out?
Why hasn't the bounce back error killed it from trying to go out the next time?
How do I kill this message so it doesn't keep trying to send it out?

Thanks for the help & support.
13 years ago
To kill the message - log into your sites admin area

Navigate to System > Message Queue then click the Load button.

Find the problem message in the list, put a check in the checkbox and click the Delete Selected button

Hope that helps
13 years ago
I figured out the problem which exposed another one. I guess at some point when I created the settings I put [email protected] as the admin email account. Now all emails are going out FROM that user and it's erroring out. I tried to edit the mail settings under

Configuration -> Email Accounts

but I got the following error even though I'm listed as admin and have all roles assigned to me.

Access denied. Access denied.
You do not have permission to perform the selected operation.

Where would I modify the smtp settings and system email address. If it's under "Configuration -> Email Accounts" how do I gain access to those settings?
13 years ago
That email address is the one that ships in the default nopCommerce installation I think.

If you don't have access to change those settings then you can either log into the master admin account for the site - the one you likely set-up during installation. Or you can change the required permissions in the access control list
13 years ago
hi,

who is your web hosting and what is your email settings now?
13 years ago
Still can't access "Configuration -> Email Accounts" I have myself setup as "Is Administrator" and all roles with Admin role having permission to do everything. What other setting would I need to have access to Email Accounts?
13 years ago
MichaelApproved wrote:
but I got the following error even though I'm listed as admin and have all roles assigned to me.

Access denied. Access denied.
You do not have permission to perform the selected operation.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6294/access-denied-error-in-administrationconfigurationemail-accounts.aspx
13 years ago
I used the sql statement to give me access. I changed the email information and hopefully the emails will go out normally now.

Thanks!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.