How to add accessory to item cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Posted elsewhere with no response so will try here.

I want to have a product and the under that product have an accessorie that can be added before adding the product to the cart.

I have found a way using attributes and checkbox etc. but how can I have the customer select qty. not just one. Iwant the customer to have 1 product but they may want anywhere between 1 and 50 of the accessory.

From what I can work out I would need to have a seperate product. Can all this be listed before the add to cart button or would a lot of custom code be required. Ideally this would be abl to be done via admin.

Found a sample of what I want to achieve

http://www.locksgalore.com.au/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=1&category=locks_deadlocks_deadlatches_deadlocks
13 years ago
I think your accessory would need to be a seperate product, but once they are both in the database you could link the accessory to the product by using the Related Products feature?

This means the accessory would show every time a customer viewed the main item
13 years ago
That was a thought, but it is still a 2 step process.

The idea is too have a one step process and make sure that the client sees the product as an add on option.
13 years ago
I don't know of any site that does accessories in any other way - especially if they are optional and the customer may want to choose the number that they want to accompany the main item
13 years ago
I think its a valid requirement for example, in the case where you have flowers as a product and you would want to allow customers to add a wine bottle, chocolates, vase, greeting card etc as part of the single order.
13 years ago
agarwal.shashank wrote:
I think its a valid requirement for example, in the case where you have flowers as a product and you would want to allow customers to add a wine bottle, chocolates, vase, greeting card etc as part of the single order.

Thats my thoughts. You would also be able to specify a qty and it would come off your Inventory.
13 years ago
Yep, agree totally with what you're saying. I think you misunderstood what I meant in reply though.

I still believe that the related products feature of nopCommerce is exactly what you're looking for. And you said it was a two step process to get people to add the accessories, but I don't know of any ecommerce site out there that would make this a single step - can you show an example please?
13 years ago
SylverFyre wrote:
but I don't know of any ecommerce site out there that would make this a single step - can you show an example please?

Yes this one right here has a single step process.

http://www.locksgalore.com.au/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=1&category=locks_deadlocks_deadlatches_deadlocks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.