Server Application Unavailable

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Can anyone please help?

I have setup nopcommerce in IIS and got the sql database up running, but when I tried to browse the install.aspx file through IIS it gave me this error:

Server Application Unavailable.

Thanks
14 years ago
Try to install it with running visual studio web server (casini) (right click on nopcommercestore and properties, and change IIS setting for casini)

You can also take a look to the web config, and check if you can change anything to get complet error message.
14 years ago
Thanks Tely,

I don't see the cassini option, there is only the iis web server option.
14 years ago
You can manually change the settings, I've posted about this here http://forums.nopcommerce.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=598

Hope this helps.
14 years ago
I still wasn't able to get it to work. I ran the nopcommerce solution in vs2008 with the sql database up and running, but when I build solution the following message showed up:
[quote]
Unable to start the debugging on the webserver...
Make sure the web server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax errors in web.config by doing a debug. Start without debugging...
[/quote]
When I start without debugging, I get the "Server Application Unavailable" message again.

Thanks
14 years ago
if you use XP Pro, like me, IIS 5.1 will not work
use asp.net development server insted

in solution explorer
simply right-click on NopCommerceStore
choose -> set as StartUp Project

on Properties -> register web
use Visual Studio Development Server

for iis 6 try following link
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998297.aspx
14 years ago
I am also getting the "Server Application Unavailable" message when I try to run nopCommerce with IIS 5.1. However, I don't get the error message when I run it with the visual studio development web server. I plan to deploy nopCommerce on IIS in the future, so how can I circumvent this problem?
14 years ago
I have solved the "Server Application Unavailable" issue by reinstalling ASP.NET v2.0.50727 using the command aspnet_regiis -i. My problem was that I installed IIS 5.1 after I installed ASP.NET 2.0, so the ASPNET local user was not created for me. Remember to give permissions to ASPNET user on your nopCommerce folder.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.