Automatic Customer Role Setup

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I would like to be able to have a customer register for a website and automatically be configured for a particular customer role.  I would have multiple roles that define different types of customers, but I am wondering if nopCommerce provides for this automated assignment of customer roles or is this something I would have to build (customize) into the product.

For example,  a customer registers to be able to browse catalogs and order from a nopCommerce website. They validate their account by email.  All catagories/products/pricing are assigned to customer roles only.  The only way for the customer to be able to see catagories/products/pricing are after I manually attach the customer to a customer role.

Is this correct or is there something I'm missing?
13 years ago
Hi,
I think this would also solve another problem - how to prevent the onetime discount coupon from being used again and again by a non-registered customer.

If customers were automatically attributed to a 'general' customer role when they register then you can select "must be attributed to customer role" in 'discount requirements' when setting up a discount coupon.

Non-registered customers couldn't use the code and all existing customers in an existing 'discount' customer role could be prevented from doubling the discount by adding the coupon to their existing discount.

I would find that really helpful
13 years ago
As a follow up, I was able to code a solution to do this.
13 years ago
amplify wrote:
As a follow up, I was able to code a solution to do this.

Can you share it?
This should be a standard in NOP
Regards
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.