Adding Carousel and Scroller to Header Section

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Can you add both a Carousel and a Scroller (text) to the header section and both work correctly?

I'm using Nop Version 1.7 / NopClassic Theme.

I'm new to NOPCommerce and to ASPX. and I'm just starting to do some custom designing.   So far I've managed to rearrange the header section to the layout I want.  I've added my own logo, and the background picture that I wanted in the header.  I've moved the header menu (Register, Log in, Shopping Cart) down and created a section above my menu and beside my logo that I want to add a carousel.  I tried to add the jCarousel Lite but couldn't get it to work.  

I've also, moved the headermenu (Home Page, Search, My Account, Blog, Contact Us) down and inbetween the two header menu's I've added a Scrolling Text (I did this first) using jquery scroller.  The scroller works fine.  (As of today, because I added a photo in place of the Carousel my other things are out of line but I will get it all back in place.  It has nothing to do with this question.)

My question is can both work in the header together and if so, is there anything that I need to know to make them work in the same area (header section)?  Is there a certain order the javarscript needs to be in?

I've got this in the Master for the Scroller:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.blmgifts-bronnleyusa.com/Scripts/jquery-1.4.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.blmgifts-bronnleyusa.com/Scripts/jquery.li-scroller.1.0.js"></script>

But when I add the info for the the carousel script to the Master and the info to the header.ascx, it doesn't work.  It will paste the pictures verticle and just move all my other details down and out of place.

Thanks for all your help in this question.
13 years ago
Just thought I would update to this post.  I decided not to put the scroller in the header, what ever is put in the header is displayed on all the pages in the web site and the scroller just didn't look correct on each page.  I know that there is a way to create a new main page that the scroller would just show up on but I'm still learning ASP.Net and have decided not to change that yet.  

What I did do was put the "Word Scroller" on my home page instead of the actual header.  Now if I have updates or messages that I want my customers to see, it will only appear on the index page.  I used the jquery.li-scroller and it seems to be working just fine.  

I have added a test page with the "word scroller" active if anyone wants to see it.  
http://www.blmgifts-bronnleyusa.com/Topic/14-.aspx

I then decided to put the picture crawler in the header that works like a scrolling marquee.  The crawler works throughout the web site.  I'm still fine tuning the scrolling marquee but it is working.  Once I get more familiar with programming with ASP. then I will only have it on the index page.  

The only problem I see so far is that on the actual  product page, my header menu is thrown off in that page.

I'll add a sample of this later.  I've decided that I didn't like the way it looked for now and have removed it.  I'll re-add the crawler when I have time to redo the Home Page Header.  I only want the cralwer to be on the Home page and not all through the web site.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.