How to set "index.htm" as default page on 1.90? (Hosted on Arvixe)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I am hosting on Arvixe, uploaded the 1.90 version, everything is cool. I purchased the documentation for nopComm as well.

As I develop the site, I want the visitors to see the "index.htm" page as a temporary page 'till I get the site ready.

Mind you, Arvixe uses ASP.net 4.0 and I read that this could be the issue, others had this issue when went on a 4.0, but everything was workable with earlier version of ASP.net

Changing the order of default documents does nothing, it seems the nopComm software itself is what controls how the server handles page requests, therefore, there has to be a file that I can manipulate to land visitors on "index.htm"

I tried everything! Any help would be most appreciated, thanks
13 years ago
You need to go into the websitepanel -> WebSites -> (Website name for nop) -> and then add index.htm to the default documents list. If you put it a the top of the list it will have priority. Once you have everything ready, just remove index.htm from the list and everything should work fine.
13 years ago
Thank you, but unfortunately, that does not work, I've even took out all the names on the list and left "index.htm" by itself, and the site always looks for "default.aspx" to land on it. I deleted "default.aspx" from the root folder, and that caused the site to throw an error page.

nopComm will only look for "default.aspx" nothing else, if there was a way to direct it to another file, would be great, and I don't think it should be this complicated.

Hope the programmers of nopComm can help us on this one, it's a VERY important thing for users. Especially ones that are maintaining their live sites and don't want to lose business or look amateur.
13 years ago
What I would do instead is edit the StoreClosed.htm file to what you want. You can set the store to closed until the site is ready and it will show whatever is on that page.
13 years ago
Brilliant! That worked.

Thank you for your help and being so quick to reply!

On another note - I have not tried this yet - I saw a file called "UrlRrewriting.config" that defaulted to "deafult.aspx" I was going to mess with it and change it to "index.htm" but seriously, I am tired of playing with this.

The store closed trick works much better, in fact, visitors can see the "storeclosed.htm" page contents (whatever HTML we threw in it) and at the same time,  Admin can see the "defualt.aspx" page when logged in and can work on the site and see the changes immediately.

Perfect! Thanks again
12 years ago
How can you log in the admin panel when the store is closed ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.