installation and discountasp.net

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have installed 1.8 on my dev environment no problems but having problems getting this running on my hosted account.

I have ended up setting up the DB manually and changing the connectionStrings.config file to contain the following

<connectionStrings>
<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=sql2k802.discountasp.net;Initial Catalog=DBNAME;User
ID=DBUSERID;Password=DBUSERPW;Integrated Security=FALSE;Persist Security Info=False;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

with no joy and an error showing that there is a localserver config in machine.config

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Source Error:

Line 281:            <providers>
Line 282:                <add name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" applicationName="/"
Line 283:                    type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
Line 284:                <add name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider" applicationName="/"
Line 285:                    type="System.Web.Security.WindowsTokenRoleProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config    Line: 283

Any body got this working on discountasp or give me some pointers

even with a fresh install i cant seem to get the shop/install/install.aspx to run to setup teh DB and config string.

I might try 1.9 in a few minutes and see if that helps.
13 years ago
i am having same problem I have changed the connection string and i get the error saying the table exists in fact i had a look at the database the tables exist but i dont have a full install i have tried 1.9 with no luck
13 years ago
Not sure if you are having an issue, but I own and use http://www.noptm.com dedicated nopCommerce Shopping Cart Hosting
13 years ago
The problem is in machine.config, but it's not accessible to you. You have to contact the hosting support
13 years ago
thanks - left this for a week or so but this is the conclusion i came to - I'll get in touch and hopefully report back here
13 years ago
I got it to work. You have to go to your ConnectionStrings.Config file and make these changes.

Add this line to ConnectionStrings.Config:

<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="your connection string"/>  

get "your connection string" info from the existing NopSqlConnection connection string.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.