Help w/ Shipping Charges

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Thanks in advance for reading my post. I am brand new to nopCommerce and am trying to configure shipping charges. I'm configuring a small trailer parts store, and I have UPS and Common Carrier (trucking company) shipping methods configured by weight. So, products 1 to 96 pounds go UPS and products exceeding that weight go by truck.

Here is/are the issue(s). I have several products that can ONLY be shipped via a trucking company because UPS has a weight limit for shipping. I've set up shipping configurations by weight, however I can't figure out how to assign ONLY one shipping method or the other. The end user still has a choice between the two configurations.

An example: I select a product weighing 100 pounds (too heavy for UPS) and proceed to checkout. When I get down to the shipping portion of the checkout, it still gives me a choice between my UPS and Common Carrier configurations.

Is there a way to limit the shipping configurations the end customer can choose from?
13 years ago
Hi, I don't think there is a way to limit UPS and hide it if there is no appropraite shipping option - but you can hide some of the other shipping options if they are not configured.

If you are prepared to set up shipping by order weight - and not use the UPS shipping module, you can acheive your needs the following way:

create two shipping methods eg

UPS
other courier

select + publish shipping by order weight - on the configuration tab, tick box ' Limit shipping methods to configured ones '

set up the shipping method UPS ( in the drop down list ) to cover your weights 0- 96 lbs

then set up ' other courier ' for weights over 96 lbs

only one or other of the shipping methods will appear
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.