google - froogle - add extra tags - product_type

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi NopC community,

NopC v1.8 (also applies to v1.9) - vs2010 professional, sql2008 express

What I am trying to do - 1. Add in g:product_type - using the categoryID and a String.   2. Display the Brand g:brand by using the name in the Manufacturer to the String....

Have written some code - see below; but the underline bit - is where i might need help - the GET info from Database Nop_Category and Nop_Manufacturer..... I think i am missing a bit of code where NopC gets this... any help would be great...!

Looking at expanding the code for Froogle - Merchant Centre (Google Shopping, Google Base...)

File:
Libraries/Nop.Froogle/FroogleService.cs

1. Brand... code

writer.WriteElementString("g", "brand", googleBaseNamespace, manufacturer.ManufacturerId.Name.ToString());

2. Category... code

writer.WriteElementString("g", "product_type", googleBaseNamespace, categoryID.ToString;
if (categoryID = 53){Console.WriteLine ("Health & Beauty > Personal Care > Cosmetics > Cosmetic Tools");}

cheers
Simon
13 years ago
// Set number of Quantity of products....
writer.WriteElementString("g", "quantity", googleBaseNamespace, "25");

--------------- or add this code  --------------------

// Grabs the current Quantity of products....
writer.WriteElementString("g", "quantity", googleBaseNamespace, productVariant.StockQuantity.ToString(new CultureInfo("en-US",false).NumberFormat));

-------------------- Static - One Brand for all ---------------------

// Results in a <g:brand>Your Brand</g:brand>
// writer.WriteElementString("g", "brand", googleBaseNamespace, "Your Brand");

------------------  Or dynamic version  ------------------

// Add a reference - helps to find Manufacturers from database
using NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Manufacturers;

// Add code to the <g:Brand> area - after <g:Description>
Manufacturer mamfact = new Manufacturer();

string manufacturerName = product.ProductManufacturers.Count > 0 ? product.ProductManufacturers[0].Manufacturer.Name : String.Empty;
// above is all one line...

writer.WriteElementString("g", "brand", googleBaseNamespace, manufacturerName);
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.