Shipping Calculations v1.11

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 years ago
All of my delivery options show a delivery price of Zero.

Default shipping rate calculation = Shipping by Country and Order Weight (have tried shipping by weight as well).
Non-zero value options:-
Portugal Courier 2.01Kg - 10000Kg Price 10.00
Portugal Post    5.00 0.0 - 2.0Kg Price  5.00

Products are set to "Allow Shipping"

Free shipping was set for >100.00 but also tried disabled.

Any suggestions of where I can look for the problem?
15 years ago
All shipping calculations (shipping method and its price) are cached after shipping method is selected. You have to reset the cache to see new price (just add, update or remove some product in your shopping cart)
15 years ago
Default shipping is "By Country and Order Weight"
"Free Shipping over x" is not selected

Shipping Rate Computations:
Portugal, Courier, 2.01Kg-10000Kg, no percentage & zero, price 10.00
Portugal, Registered Post, 0.00Kg-2.00Kg, no percantage & zero, price 5.00

Starting from an empty cart (added item, deleted item) added a new item with shipping enabled (Item only has weight set, not dimensions, Free shipping not checked. Weight is 0.075Kg).
Shopping cart shows 1 item with "Delivery 0.00"

Proceed to checkout
Deliver to, Invoice to both Country Portugal

Select delivery method lists my delivery methods - all with 0.00 value showing.
In fact, do I need any delivery methods? Is the delivery not worked out by the calculation?
How can I have, for example, a "Collect From Store" (which would be zero charge) or normal "Ship to delivery address" (whch should be the charge worked out by the calculation depending on weight (and country).

Have I misunderstood the "Shipping Methods" / "Computations"?
How do I map method to calculation?
15 years ago
Hi,

The "Shipping by Country & Order Weight" computation method does not work like this.

It is my understanding that you want to offer two shipping options, collect from store and delivery. In order to perform tiered calculations like you want (i.e. Courier 2.01 - 10,000 and Registered Post 0.00 - 2.00) you must apply these values to the same shipping method.

By setting up different shipping methods you are effectively allowing your customer to choose from these methods.

To achieve what you require I did the following:

1. Create a new Shipping Method "Collect from store"
2. Create a new Shipping Method "Registered Post" (or whatever you want to call it)
3. In Shipping Rate Computation methods set the "Shipping by Country & Order Weight" computation method to default.
4. Edit the Shipping by Country & Order Weight computation method.
5. Add a new value for Country "United States", Shipping Method "Registered Post", Order Weight From "0", Order Weight To "2.00", Use Percentage "false", Charge Percentage "0", Charge Amount "5.00"
6. Add a new value for Country "United States", Shipping Method "Registered Post", Order Weight From "2.01", Order Weight To "10000.00", Use Percentage "false", Charge Percentage "0", Charge Amount "10.00"
6. Save and clear your cache.

One important thing you need to note is that the charge is a rate per unit i.e. 5.00 per lb.

So if I order an item that weighs 2lb, based on the above rates I get charged 10.00.
If i order 2 books (4lb) I get charged 40.00

I would personally just have one rate as otherwise a customer may realise that if they split their orders up they can save significantly on shipping and your processing increases (costing you more)

In the above example, the Collect From Store delivery option will display at checkout with a 0.00 charge.

Hope this helps,

Ben
14 years ago
I got this situation:

Settings: Shipping by country and order Weight
Shipping method: by ground
to: 10kg
percentage: false
charge percentage: 0.00
Charge amount: 8.00

shop:
Order: Desktop compaq presario (6kg)
Shipping: 48 euro!?

I could not figure out why it was 48 euro. Logically thinking is: "for order weight from 0 > 10kg customer pays 8 euro shipping costs". Not 48 euro.

Then it struck me that it counts 6kg times 8 euro= 48 euro. Personally I think this method is a wrong way of constructing shipping costs. Since most post offices do shipping rates like: 0>10kg pay 10 euro, 10>25kg pay 15 euro, etc.
14 years ago
I also consider that the chosen calculation method is impractical. It does not take account of the high fixed costs associated with shipments and the marginal costs for additional weight.
I wanted to have shipment of 0-2Kg sent by post at 5€ and over 2Kg sent by courier at 10€ - this is simple and covers everything I can think of except special orders. There does not appear to be a way of achieving this in the existing version.

Maybe I will have to have a product called "shipping charge" with variants as Courier and Registered Post!

Having said that I am still having problems originally mentioned with always getting a zero calculated - it doesn't appear to be caused by cacheing because I get exactly the same if I log in as a different user or on a different machine adding and updating the basket contents. But I have not been able to spend much time investigating yet and I am sure it must be something I am doing wrong - just haven't identified it yet.
14 years ago
Have you setup you own country for the shipping settings and the shop user filling the basket is from Portugal. Otherwise it will chose one of the other country's that had probably no shipping costs set. Glad you agree with me on the wrong shipping calculation method ;)
14 years ago
Sorry - Stupid User Me - I found MY mistake on the zero shipping costs!
I had the test client set for a role which included free shipping and so a zero shipping charge was being shown CORRECTLY.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.