Getting Started / FAQ's / Documentation / Screencasts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Please tell me about how to include theme in nopcommerce. I have created my own theme. I am very new to nopcommerce.

I can include downloaded themes but how to include my own theme.
its very urgent. please help.
12 years ago
myuser wrote:
Please tell me about how to include theme in nopcommerce. I have created my own theme. I am very new to nopcommerce.

I can include downloaded themes but how to include my own theme.
its very urgent. please help.

Check Designers Guide in documentation
12 years ago
Hello,

If we purchase the documentation. Does it change with each version, and we then need to purchase again? Or it for the life of the product?

Regards,
TJ Havens
12 years ago
xotj123 wrote:
If we purchase the documentation. Does it change with each version, and we then need to purchase again? Or it for the life of the product?

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11000/document-upgrade-for-free.aspx
12 years ago
When I ran the prepare.bat and deploy.bat, I got these error messages.
It looked for sgen.exe in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\
Where can I find this find. Please advise what should be done to fix the problem.

Thank you.
12 years ago
Like user guide is anyone have any development guide of nopCommerce. I mean coding structure and database table maping etc. just usefull for programer for development nopCommerce extention or other. I also need database table documention. If you have this type of document. please let me know.
12 years ago
dralialadin wrote:
Like user guide is anyone have any development guide of nopCommerce. I mean coding structure and database table maping etc. just usefull for programer for development nopCommerce extention or other. I also need database table documention. If you have this type of document. please let me know.

All existing documentation for developers is available here
11 years ago
Hi,

I would like is there .aspx version under (2.65) rather than .cshtml version.
would be really grateful if someone can help help with the same.

Regards,

Dilip K
11 years ago
Hello,

I'm working on a website with the nopCommerce 2.65 source version.

I have the User Guide for 2.50 and it is helpful.

One thing that I think would be a great document for people like me that are just starting out with selling on the web is something that tells you the purpose of all the functions and features in nopCommerce.

It's nice to have a guide to tell you what steps to take to set up a feature, but knowing what that feature will do for you will give you an idea of whether you should spend time studying or setting it up.

I agree some of the features are self explanatory like managing products and managing customers.

There are things like Product Variants, Blog and Widgets that I just don't know what they are used for.

If I have not looked deep enough into the documentation area for this subject, I hope that someone would let me know.

Thanks,
Tony
11 years ago
The following BKM (Best Known Method) is what I use for my local development environments:

1. Create a local database without requiring SQL Server.
    Documentation for the utility SqlLocalDB Utility is available here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212961.aspx
    Open a command prompt using Administrator privileges.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cd C:\workspace\nopCommerce_2.70_Source

C:\workspace\nopCommerce_2.70_Source>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\SqlLocalDB.exe" create LocalDBnopCommercev1
    LocalDB instance "LocalDBnopCommercev1" created with version 11.0.

C:\workspace\nopCommerce_2.70_Source>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\SqlLocalDB.exe" start LocalDBnopCommercev1
    LocalDB instance "LocalDBnopCommercev1" started.

C:\workspace\nopCommerce_2.70_Source>"C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\SqlLocalDB.exe" info LocalDBnopCommercev1
    Name:               LocalDBnopCommercev1
    Version:            11.0.2100.60
    Shared name:
    Owner:              xyz\Mark
    Auto-create:        No
    State:              Running
    Last start time:    11/30/2012 2:37:50 PM
    Instance pipe name: np:\\.\pipe\LOCALDB#329ED08A\tsql\query

C:\workspace\nopCommerce_2.70_Source>

2. Once the database exists, launch nopCommerce.sln from Visual Studio 2012.
    First time use, be sure to "Rebuild Solution" to workaround a stale binary issue.

3. Installation wizard BKM settings for a local development environment:

.-----------------------------------------------
    Store Information
    Admin user email:        <email address>
    Admin user password:  **********
    Confirm the password: **********

Database information
    o Use built-in data storage (SQL Server Compact)
    x Use SQL Server (or SQL Express) data base [Recommended]

Create database if it doesn’t exist x
    x Enter SQL connection value:  o Enter raw connection string (advanced)
    Sql Server name: (localdb)\v11.0
    Database name:  (localdb)\LocalDBnopCommerce
    O Use SQL Server account  x Use integrated Windows authentication
    Specify custom SQL Server collation: O

Hope this helps first time nopCommerce developers setup their local development environment.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.