How to add additonal Tabs to the Product Page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I would like to add several new Tabs to appear at the bottom of the Products page next to the Review Tab and Specifications Tab, such as a Tab for product Warranty information, Glossary of industry terms, etc. Does someone know how this can be done?

Also, ideally since in my case these new Tabs would contain consistent information for all products and would for the most part be text in nature, is there a way to have the information in these Tabs populated with predetermined/created content so once created, if the content was changed in the future, it would change globally?

Thanks!
13 years ago
Maybe I put this question in the wrong place as there was not any replies but after doing some research, I found the answer so I thought I would post it back in case someone else might want the answer.

It's actually pretty simple after all:

Open your Templates/Products folders and then the VariantsInGrid.ascx file and open the file in Visual Studio. Inside that file find the <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer and inside that, add this code:

<ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="TabPanel1" HeaderText="Your Tab Header Text">
                         <ContentTemplate>
                Your Text or HTML code<br />
                         </ContentTemplate>
            </ajaxToolkit:TabPanel>

Simple as that!

Also, here's a link to an excellent video instruction as well: http://www.asp.net/ajax/videos/how-do-i-use-the-aspnet-ajax-tabs-control

Enjoy!
13 years ago
Hi,

Though using the Ajax Control Toolkit control is easy, I think that using it as you've described will only result in the same text appearing at the bottom of any product that you show on your store, which uses the same "products in grid" template.

We would need, in addition, the ability to have that panel's text input in the admin/products interface.  Where your code mentions "your heml code" in the contentTemplate section, we could pull something like it does for the other tabs:

<ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="pnlProductTags" HeaderText="<% $NopResources:Products.ProductTags %>">
                <ContentTemplate>
                    THIS PART>>>>>   <nopCommerce:ProductTags ID="ctrlProductTags" runat="server" />
                </ContentTemplate>
            </ajaxToolkit:TabPanel>

So maybe a line like: <nopCommerce:ProductTags ID="ctrlYourHtmlBlurb" runat="server" /> and on that control have a repeater, which pulls from the database, the text you have input in the admin section.

Good idea you had - been thinking we could use that as well.  : )
13 years ago
the tabs is a great place to put the 'related products' and 'products also purchased' controls - it helps keep the page shorter and neater
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.