Disable SEO

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Is there a way to Hide my site from search engines? I have a site for wholesalers and I would like direct traffic only.
13 years ago
zaezilla wrote:
Is there a way to Hide my site from search engines? I have a site for wholesalers and I would like direct traffic only.

Take a look at Robot.TXT file

Other than that, you can do one more thing:

The best way to solve this issue is to make your website accessible only to registered users.

To accomplish this, Go to Admin section >    Configuration   >   Global Settings  

Now go to 13th Tag > 4th option " Allow navigation only for registered customers:" CHECK MARK and SAVE

Now a question arises: anyone can register on your website and get access

Answer to this question will be: Make the registration process admin approval by which you as the store/website owner will approve only wholesalers.

To accomplish this, Go to Admin section >    Configuration   >   Global Settings  

Now go to 13th Tag > 3rd option "Registration method:" SELECT ADMIN APPROVAL" from the dropdown menu and SAVE
13 years ago
use Robots.txt to allow/disallow search engine visiting your site.
in nopcom, you also can disallow guest visit your products, and set member registration to 'manually approve'.
13 years ago
Thanks,

What exactly do I need to do to the Robots.txt file?
13 years ago
please check this: http://www.robotstxt.org/
12 years ago
Is there a way to prevent search engines from cataloguing a particular page or product?

I want to create a landing page on my site that will only be accessible to people typing in a specific url (in response to an advert). This way I can identify how successful different adverts are.

Can you create a robot txt for one page?
10 years ago
adaminspace1, did you ever get an answer to your question?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.