Remote Hosted Account - IIS not configured as application

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Getting this message when navigating to install.aspx;

This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS

Which folders do I tell my hosting service to change to an application?

Thanks,

Mark
13 years ago
The NopCommerceStore folder is the root of the application.
13 years ago
@garden11

can you post the full error page message
13 years ago
Thanks for the help, here you go;

Server Error in '/' Application.
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Only one <configSections> element allowed per config file and if present must be the first child of the root <configuration> element.

Line 4:      </system.web>
Line 5:  
Line 6:    <configSections>
Line 7:      <section name="NopConfig" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Configuration.NopConfig, Nop.BusinessLogic" requirePermission="false"/>
Line 8:      <section name="urlrewritingnet" type="UrlRewritingNet.Configuration.UrlRewriteSection, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" requirePermission="false"/>

Unrecognized configuration section urlrewritingnet. (D:\WWWRoot\domain.com\www\store\web.config line 20)

Sections must only appear once per config file.  See the help topic  for exceptions. (D:\WWWRoot\domain.com\www\store\web.config line 23)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\WWWRoot\domain.com\www\store\web.config line 35)
13 years ago
a couple of things to check first,

make sure your control panel is set to run your application in .net 4.0

try selecting integrated pipeline if its already running in .net4.0

make sure you do not have a duplicate web.config file lurking somewhere on your site ( it can happen ) - even in a subfolder

try searching on the forum for other solutions:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/search.aspx?searchterms=machinetoapplication
13 years ago
wait, I see you have set up nopcommerce in a subdirectory of another application -

\WWWRoot\domain.com\www\store\web.config

you have two conflicting web.config files

if 'store' is not another application, and you don't need it, you can move nopcommerce store to the root directory

or

configure the sub directory as a virtual directory
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/search.aspx?searchterms=virtual+directory&adv=false&fid=0&w=0&l=0
13 years ago
ok I will look at it.  Thank you so much for your efforts! I will update. Mark
13 years ago
As I have read across the NopCommerce forums, the folder needed to be turned into an application. The remotely hosted server admin person has successfully done this and I am able to see the installation page. Thank you for the help!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.