Getting time out error over and over again when installing Nopcommerce.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi there,

When installing nopcommerce on Arvixe, I always get time out errors while creating the database.
I created the database using the control-panel of Arvixe first. It is a clean and empty DB.
The time out occurs during step3 of the "www.mystore-url/install/install.aspx" wizard.

My Settings for step 2.
Setting <SQL Server name or IP address> : JASMINE
I Use option "Use SQL server account"
I Entered correct username and password.

My Settings for step 3.
I use option 2. Use an existing database.
Existing databasename              : store05 (exists and is new/empty)
Don't check if a database exists  : Unchecked
Create sample data                   : tried both (checked and unchecked)

After clicking the next button, I get after about 1 to 2 minutes a time out message.

I need to remove the database and create it again so it is empty.
Then I Retry step3.

It seems it depends on the speed of the server because I already had 2 successfull installations after trying it 2 or 3 times.

But now, I tried it 15 times and can not complete the installation process.

Has Anyone an explanation for this ?
Thanx in advance,
Stevo
13 years ago
Can anyone please help with this. I can not install any nopcommerce stores because of following time outs.
I've tried 20 times deleting and re-creating a dabase to start from a clean sheet.
It just doesn't work.
The problem is the script : \wwwroot\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql

Thank you.

See below the error which occurs :

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
13 years ago
Hi steve,

there are several things you could try, but

the easiest thing for you to do would be get in touch with Arvixe  - and ask for their help, I'm sure they have a free installation service to get nopcommerce up and running quickly for you

- Hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.