Mass Product Varient

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have a store that sells boots.  

So the varients i want to add to each product would be SIZE and COLOR

My question is: Is there away to assign the same varient attributes to different products because all my boots will
be in 2-3 colors and i dont want to have a custom varient every single time.

I just want to be able to assign the size and color options on a massive scale. and not have to create the list of colors over and over again.

To be clear - all my boots are either black or brown, and they all come in sizes 5,6,7,8,9,10,11
so i dont want to manully recreat the product varient options over and over again

i want to create the color options list once and assign it to all my boot products.
13 years ago
jrod wrote:

My question is: Is there away to assign the same varient attributes to different products because all my boots will

I just want to be able to assign the size and color options on a massive scale. and not have to create the list of colors over and over again.

To be clear - all my boots are either black or brown, and they all come in sizes 5,6,7,8,9,10,11
so i dont want to manully recreat the product varient options over and over again

i want to create the color options list once and assign it to all my boot products.

Create the first product with all the corresponding information including color/size product variants. this will be your "product template".

Then, instead of adding the rest or the products, go to the Edit Product Details page for the first product and using Copy button make a copy for each additional productt and then just replace the name, price, description, etc. to correspond with the rest of your products. The size/color variations will be there as in the first product
13 years ago
jrod wrote:

I have a custom control that allows you to reuse a list of attributes, such as size or color, in a drop down. With this control you just create a setting with the values you want and then you can just add the control to the product and it will pull the values from that setting. You can use it over and over without having to add the options for each product.

Its not necessarily "mass", but it saves you from having to add the options over and over... you want it?

The other good thing about this control is that you can change EVERY product that has this control just by changing one setting... so if you decided to add a new color, just edit the one setting and it appears in ALL controls of that type.
13 years ago
bfranklin825 wrote:

I have a custom control that allows you to reuse a list of attributes, such as size or color, in a drop down. With this control you just create a setting with the values you want and then you can just add the control to the product and it will pull the values from that setting. You can use it over and over without having to add the options for each product.

Its not necessarily "mass", but it saves you from having to add the options over and over... you want it?

The other good thing about this control is that you can change EVERY product that has this control just by changing one setting... so if you decided to add a new color, just edit the one setting and it appears in ALL controls of that type.

Ah thats killer, yes if you want to post it as a zip file that would be super!
13 years ago
I am also interested, I have products that have 20 different variants and manually it will take forever.

I hope nopteam will include this ability to import-export mass variants in future.
13 years ago
bump
13 years ago
barrys custom control sound fantastic - it's a feature that would benefit many

with out it, the best way to achieve your goal is to create one product with all the attributes you want then use the product copy feature - the new product will be created with all the attributes.

of course, the downside is that any alterations will have to be made to each product individually :(
13 years ago
I've posted the control that I talked about here:

http://www.nopeasy.com/boards/t/5/new-nopcommerce-control-prefilled-drop-down.aspxrce-control-prefilled-drop-down.aspx
13 years ago
Hi Franklin,

I am interested in using your mod. I still have all my original install files on my site so I plan to just replace with yours. However I am a bit unsure about a couple of the files. See below. The ones in bold are the ones I am unsure about.

- ProductAttributes.ascx.cs - from "Modules" - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

- AttributeControlTypeEnum.cs - There is no "Libraries" folder on my website. I know this is in the source files, but I don't want to go near them! What can I do here?

- NopPrefilledDropdown.cs - Does this new file go in the bin folder?

- Nop.BusinessLogic.dll - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

- Nop.Controls.dll - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

- NopCommerceStore.dll - I do not see this file anywhere. Should I just put it in the bin folder?

- NopCommon.dll - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

Lastly, if I just do a replace do I need to also put the .pdb files?

Any help would be much apreciated...
13 years ago
glennlawr wrote:
Hi Franklin,

I am interested in using your mod. I still have all my original install files on my site so I plan to just replace with yours. However I am a bit unsure about a couple of the files. See below. The ones in bold are the ones I am unsure about.

- ProductAttributes.ascx.cs - from "Modules" - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

- AttributeControlTypeEnum.cs - There is no "Libraries" folder on my website. I know this is in the source files, but I don't want to go near them! What can I do here?

- NopPrefilledDropdown.cs - Does this new file go in the bin folder?

- Nop.BusinessLogic.dll - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

- Nop.Controls.dll - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

- NopCommerceStore.dll - I do not see this file anywhere. Should I just put it in the bin folder?

- NopCommon.dll - No problem here, will just replace mine with yours.

Lastly, if I just do a replace do I need to also put the .pdb files?

Any help would be much apreciated...

First of all, what version are you using? I made this control in 1.90 and don't know if it will work with any other version - it may, I just have not tested it.

If you don't want to go near the source files then all you should have to do is put the .dll files in your bin folder. They are updated with the control in them. The other files were included in case someone has already made changes to their source code so they could integrate the new control into their custom code. If you replace the already compiled .dll files, then you don't have to worry about the .cs files at all. All of the information in the .cs files is compiles into the .dlls. So just replace the .dlls in the bin folder and ignore the .cs files.

I don't know why you don't have NopCommerceStore.dll, it should be in your bin folder. The .pdb files are "program debug files" and are only needed for debugging information (I believe)- I would suggest putting them in your bin folder and replacing the ones that are there - if they are there.

Once you replace the .dll files, you should be able to go to your site and have the new control available in the drop down list that is in the admin section where you add product variants. Let me know if this works...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.