Localization - Easiest Way to Manipulate the string resources XML file

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

We would like to translate the string resources to Farsi ( Persian ) which is a Right To Left (RTL) language. We would like to know the easiest way to manipulate the language resources XML file. We have tried couple of XML editor softwares such as XML Notepad 2007, and Liquid XML 2011, though they do not fulfill our requirements mainly due to the lack of RTL support.

Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Afshin
13 years ago
Hi Afshin

you can download Persian(farsi) language pack from here

Best
Farhan.
13 years ago
First let me thank you for your help.

Would you please let me know what XML editor you have used to translate the language xml file? I have tried many solutions, however they all have a common problem when it comes to bidirectional algorithm and Right to Left support.

Whenever I insert a neutral character (e.g. '.') it goes to the beginning of the sentence until I enter a regular character. Please see below for a demonstration:

این یک آزمایش است.

این یک آزمایش است. و

The above sentence means "This is a test.", but when I insert the '.' right after "This is a test" (in Farsi) it goes to the beginning of the sentence.

Warm Regards,
Afshin
13 years ago
actually i'm using DreamWeaver , which is not just a xml editor.
but don't worry about these kind of problems, because in the end you will use the resource file in NopCommerce and if you managed your theme(for front-end and administration) to support RTL, they will be fine.
13 years ago
Did you checked and played with BPad?

http://code.google.com/p/bpad/

play with it as per your requirements, you may have to do a lot of copy and paste, this should help!

rgds
WM
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.