NopCommerce 1.6 Form textboxes are collapsed in IE 8

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I've noticed that IE 8 sets the input text boxes to a px width inconsistently, and when adding characters, expands out to how ever wide the characters require. At the same time, it expands any other input controls to the same position, including buttons that may reside in the same table.

For example, I've set the masterpage ref to a single collumn custom masterpage on the user registration page, and notice that [/i][/u]all text boxes[u][i] render inconsistently - some are rendered to a variable length, others are trunkated, and all of them extend and disrupt other controls when content is added.

Interestingly, Firefox does render the text boxes correctly.

Styling these controls seems to be very limited in the style sheet.

Has anyone else noticed such an issue? This is a customized site in terms of masterpages; but all registered items from the original master are in tact, as well the .cs code.

Thanks in advance for any help!
13 years ago
As an update, I resolved this issue by giving each text box a width value and a max character value. Seems a bit klugey given it should be resolvable in the style sheet, but seems to be working in both IE 8 and Firefox.

Gary
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.