Question about the shopping cart

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi to all,
I have just installed nopcommerce using Ms Web support and in a couple of minutes it worked great.
I have a question about the use of the shopping cart:
When I chose 'add to cart', the program bring me into the cart, but how can I return to previous page?
I can only click on the back button of the browser and further I do not see the items in the cart counter on the top and on the right of the page.
If I return to home, the counter shows the exact items number contained in it.
It seems that the counter is not updated till you do not return to homepage.

I would like also to know, how to remove the newsletter on the right panel.
From administrative panel I tried to configure 'News' but the newsletter is still shown.

Thank You very much.
13 years ago
You can stop NopCommerce redirecting users to the cart when they have added a product by going to:
Administration > Configuration > Global Settings, selecting the Products tab and then unchecking the 'Display cart after adding product' checkbox (5th one down).

If you then go to the 'Other' tab, there is an option to 'Hide newsletter box' (5th from bottom).

Hope this helps,

Chris
13 years ago
Hi rocco,

on the shopping cart page, there is a button which takes the customer back to the page they came from

it is marked ' continue shopping ' in the default english language

Have you installed the italian language ?

in admin  (content management --> localisation ) search for the local resource string:

ShoppingCart.ContinueShopping

and see what your string says
13 years ago
Yes, I did.

Thank You for support.
Regards
13 years ago
Thank you for this !!

So my question : is it possible that after we click Add to cart that Nop returns on the category page ?

Thank you.
12 years ago
Hello,
In the version 2.3 I do not see this option availabel
Administration > Configuration > Global Settings, selecting the Products tab and then unchecking the 'Display cart after adding product' checkbox (5th one down).

It is really important for me... where is this setting now?

Thanks
12 years ago
zrmax wrote:
In the version 2.3 I do not see this option availabel...

This option is not available in 2.X versions. It'll be added back in one of the further versions
12 years ago
Thank.. it is good to know!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.