Offering instore pickup - Disabling shipping in certain conditions?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
My store has a physical location, but I'm also using NopCommerce.  I just today finally got Paypal working, up until today I told my customers to look at my site for availability/pricing only.  Now I want to move to allow customers to actually place orders, but a lot of them will probably want to come pick up the item(s) to avoid shipping costs.  Is there a way to give the customers an onsite pickup option that will disable the shipping price?

I should add, on Configuraion -- Settings -- Shipping I have checked the "Pickup In Store Enabled" box.
3 years ago
Set up a "Pickup point".  
NopCommerce comes with a Pickup Point Provider.
Configure it and add a pickup point.

Note that if you have configured setting for "Ship to the same address" to appear on the billing address page, then it is by default selected.  If customers don't unselect it, then the shipping address page is bypassed, and they won't see the option to pickup in store.
3 years ago
I see the option for pickup now.  

So, I select a product or two for my cart.  I check out and enter my shipping address.  I press "Estimate" and I see that different types of services have the fee, and "Pickup" has a fee of $0.

I continue through the checkout, select "Pickup" at the appropriate time and continue on.  At the last page, it still lists the total shipping fee as if it's being mailed.

Any other suggestions as to what I'm missing?
3 years ago
Do your products have 'additional shipping charge'?

If so, you can prevent it from being added to pickups:
shippingsettings.ignoreadditionalshippingchargeforpickupinstore
3 years ago
II think I'm using 3.9, I don't see that setting in the list. it goes from
shippingsettings.hideshippingtotal
to
shippingsettings.notifycustomeraboutshippingfrommultiplelocations
3 years ago
I sort of fixed it by changing the shipping fee on Settings  -- Shipping -- Shipping Providers, went into the settings for Manual and changed the rate.  This fixes the In Store Pickup issue, but will probably short me on actual orders that are shipped.  Close enough until I upgrade, I guess.
3 years ago
Lecher wrote:
...Shipping -- Shipping Providers, went into the settings for Manual....

It's not clear to me if you're using pickup points or Shipping (Manual Fixed or By Weight).
Changes to Shipping/Manual rate should not impact if a pickup point is selected.
Do you have any products that have "additional shipping charge"?  If so, then the Shipping Director plugin can remove those charges in 3.90
https://www.noptools.com/blog/11/remove-additional-shipping-charge-for-in-store-pickup
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.