Cancelling Fraudulent Ratings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Is there a way to cancel ratings that have been clicked? I have someone who created multiple accounts and has posted many ratings for the same product to skew it's overall rating. I know how to manage the reviews but I don't see anywhere to do that with the ratings stars.
13 years ago
No, you can't cancel the ratings. You can disable ratings on the product details page in administration though: Administration > Catalog > Products > Manage Products > (find your product to edit) > Edit Product Details Page, uncheck "Allow customer ratings:" > Save.

The product's total rating value and the number of votes is stored in the Nop_Product table in fields RatingSum and TotalRatingVotes respectively. The record of the rating by the customer is stored in the Nop_ProductRating table.

You could edit the Nop_Product table to manually undo the customer's ratings, but they could still create additional accounts to rate with, so your best bet would be to disable rating for the products in question and rely on the product reviews to show the product's rating.

13 years ago
Thanks for the reply. That helps!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.