Complete noob installation questions on softsys hosting...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I just purchased hosting from softsys hosting.  I got the Windows 2008 R2 IIS 7.5 MS-SQL 2008 R2 starter plan so far so good.  I logged in to my control panel and went to the Microsoft Web App Gallery section where they have nopCommerce as an option.  I clicked it and hit install and it says it did.  Now I'm not sure what to do.  Do I create a database?  I'm completely lost.  Please help.
13 years ago
I've no idea about softsys hosting, but assuming that nopCommerce installed correctly you just have to navigate to your website in a browser and the configuration will run.

Follow the steps inputting the relevant information for your database server etc (which should be provided by your host) and off you go :)
13 years ago
I'm not sure  what happens with auto installing because I normally ftp from my own computer but the key is really understanding and getting to grips with the control panel.

To find out where your website is,  on the control panel, use the File Manager to navigate to the folder - you'll see if the files are installed

You might need to create a domain name and link the domain name to the website

If you get stuck, softsys customer services are very helpful - they may even sort the whole thing out for you

Whatever happens, when you run nopcommerce for the first time, the auto installation will create the database for you
13 years ago
Thanks very much for the replies.  I have it working now.  All I have to do is customize it to my tastes and get my products listed!  I'm also wondering since softsys offers a one-click install for version 1.6 if there is another reputable host that offers 1.9 like that but I'll start a new topic for it.
13 years ago
I contacted softsys and put the question to them
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.