Design Integration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,
Im new with nopcommerce.
I copied the Dark Orange and renamed it and only for practice I started with "http://www.just4laptops.co.uk" design, as I was really impressed with this design.
I created a new content page for 3 columns master page. The problem im having is that this new content page has the default skin Dark Orange. How can I make it work with my own new theme that im working with.

Also I need to know how can I get the Tabs for Featured Products and Fresh Arrivals on the home page like the ones in http://www.just4laptops.co.uk/
Really impressed with the work in http://www.just4laptops.co.uk/. Great work guys.

I would really appreciate any help and advice.
thnx
13 years ago
To change the theme:

Configuration > All settings > (Page 4)

Look for Display.PublicStoreTheme and chnage this value to your new theme folder name.
13 years ago
Thnx for your reply..... I accidentally click on the down arrow vote and it gave a -1 vote, which is not correct. I tried to make it to 1 but the message pops up saying you've already voted. tell me how can i change the vote status.

and as for the problem I have already set the Display.PublicStoreTheme to my theme but it still does the same thing. Is there any other way to resolve the problem.

Again really very sorry for the accidental minus vote.
13 years ago
If you create a new page you must specify BaseNopFrontendPage as your base page if you want to have it use the current working theme. For example:

public partial class Default : BaseNopFrontendPage
{
    '''
}

Otherwise it will use the default theme that is set in the web.config file around line 59-ish, it looks like this:
<pages theme="DarkOrange" validateRequest="false" controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5"  clientIDMode="AutoID">

Optionally you can change the default theme there and not have to worry about new pages having the correct base page.
13 years ago
Thnx for your reply.....
I tried BaseNopFrontendPage but it gave me errors while building.
so I tried BaseNopPage. It picked the theme right but now my left menu (first column of 2 ) is not showing and the content of this page moved at left column's place.

Where did I do wrong ?
13 years ago
shujaat.kulvi wrote:
Thnx for your reply.....
I tried BaseNopFrontendPage but it gave me errors while building.
so I tried BaseNopPage. It picked the theme right but now my left menu (first column of 2 ) is not showing and the content of this page moved at left column's place.

Where did I do wrong ?

BaseNopFrontEndPage may be a version 1.90 thing, that's what version I use. If you just check an aspx page that exists already you should be able to figure out what this should be for your version... (for those who don't know).

Check what master you are using to make sure it is the two column one. Other than that, I would need to see code to try to figure out what is wrong.
13 years ago
I am using version 1.5

aspx Code:

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TwoColumn.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MyPage1.aspx.cs" Inherits="MyPage1" Title="Untitled Page" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cph2" Runat="Server">
<div>This is a test content page. This is a test content page. This is a test content page. This is a test content page.This is a test content page. This is a test content page.</div>
</asp:Content>
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="cph1" Runat="Server">
</asp:Content>

cs Code:

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Data;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Xml.Linq;
using NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web;

public partial class MyPage1 : BaseNopPage
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

}
}
13 years ago
What if I wanted to control my layouts for certain pages? I know CSS and HTML really well but in the App_Themes folder there is nothing there to control the layouts. For example, I want my home page to be a 2 column instead of a 3 column layout.
13 years ago
I sure wish there were an anatomy of a theme in the documentation I bought.
13 years ago
Change 2 column to three column

Currently is

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/TwoColumn.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MyPage1.aspx.cs" Inherits="MyPage1" Title="Untitled Page" %>

Change to

<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPages/ThreeColumn.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MyPage1.aspx.cs" Inherits="MyPage1" Title="Untitled Page" %>

A
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.