Overrride admin product price section

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 years ago
Hi,

I want to ask how can I override admin product page price section (I want to add textbox for specific field) and display in frontpage?
3 years ago
I need to extend product table to include other fields(mainly display them in admin and front store) Can anyone guide me through please?
3 years ago
manouti1 wrote:
extend

That is a key. You may do it by modify sources of nopCommerce (not recommended) or by developing new plugin (recommended). To develop new plugin I would suggest to move first steps to doc, as well as you may look at default nopCommerce plugins to check/copy & modify existing one.

Regards,
Tom
3 years ago
I have been trying for sometime to modify existing code or create plugin from scratch and extend product functionality but the documentation doesn't really help.
3 years ago
To be honest what you are trying to do is not simple so it is understandable.
It is also not something that is easily described in a forum.

What are the other fields and what do you want to do with them ?
Did you look at using product attributes ?
3 years ago
Yes,
I am looking for example to add another type of price that is dependent on the total product price.

Any suggestions
3 years ago
Any ideas???
3 years ago
Did you look Specification Attributes - are they any help ?

To add a new field:
Unless you are planning to learn how to make a plugin then you need to change the core code
Search the solution for "OldPrice" which is unique. Study everywhere OldPrice is used and deturmine if you need to modify that piece of code for your new field.

Then you need to add a new field to the Products Table called "AnotherPrice"and then
Then every where OldPrice is used add the code for "AnotherPrice"

There are other ways to do it depending on what you want to do with the field
I.e. rather than modify the Product Table you could use a Generic Attribute

There are some other articles
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/31847/adding-fields-to-products
https://www.google.com/search?q=nopcommerce+add+new+field+to+product+table
3 years ago
yes I am planning on making a plugin to change core functionality. Any references for plugin to override core funtionality??
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.