Combined Shipping Charges, Discount Coupons, or Invoice Customer Directly?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello!

I found nopCommerce have a question(s) about how to set up shipping for my shopping cart. I want to see if it will do what I want before I spend a lot of time and energy getting setup to use it, only to find it won’t work for me.

I have searched the Forums here, but cannot find an answer to my particular situation, so here are the basics:

1. I will be selling multiple items on my website.
2. These items are differing weights and sizes.
3. Many of the items can fit in the same package and shipped for the same amount one piece can, as long as there aren't too many items total.
4. I want to be able to offer (preferably have the shopping cart calculate) combined shipping on the smaller items, typically using the USPS (Parcel Post or their Flate Rate boxes).
5. Some of my items are larger items have to go UPS.
6. I want the shipping calculations to be accurate, or reasonably so.

My questions are:

1. Is this possible using nopCommerce?

2. If so, how do I do this in nopCommerce? I know from my reading that this may involve writing code - I am not proficient at this. Is there someone who could help me do so, providing what I want to do is actually possible.

3. Do I group the items that will fit in the same package and make some sort of notation in the program so that it “knows” how many will fit in thus-and-so box, and, therefore, the price to ship them is X-number of dollars?

OR –

4. Do I set the thing up so that when a person checks out, a listing of what they order is sent to me, and then I create an invoice with the correct shipping pricing (I’m planning to use PayPal) for them, then send it, and they pay from the invoice (I'd prefer not to do it this way)?

Please help and THANKS!
13 years ago
Todd, did you ever find a solution. I am dealing with the same issue and need it to work with NOP.

Thank you,
Tracey
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.