Changes to image sizes messes up the templates

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi there

I configured my the following image sizes to be 180 pixels instead of 125
Product variant detail image size, Category thumbnail image size, Manufacturer thumbnail image size

I have set it at 180 because this is the size I found worked best for my customers at my existing stores.  The problem is that although you allow configuration of these images your templates doesn't re-adjust automatically which leaves me with a horrible looking nopcommerce site.  Where do I make the changes so that the templates figure in the sizes these images are configured for?

Thanks!
14 years ago
I know next to nothing about how to work all this, but by trial and error, I found that you can just move your text over and choose large, smaller, etc, until it looks right. Of course, if you have a lot of text and a lot of products, it would be cumbersome. I will be watching this topic for an answer as I am having same problem.
14 years ago
Hi,

I have the same problem. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

It works fine with product thumbnail. When I change the image size settings, both the picture and the outer box change automatically. But this doesn't work for category thumbnail in the homepage screen.
14 years ago
if you open up the skin files (in the App_themes folder you can widen the various 'wrapper' styles in the master.css stylesheet which will give you more space on the screen/page

This may mess up some of the store graphics (depending on what theme you are using i.e. darkOrange etc) but if you have image editing software, you can easily fix them.

It's not really complicated - duplicate a theme folder, rename it and edit the css files of the duplicate - view the changes in a browser  - I recommend Firefox browser with firebug installed, it's brilliant for locating the CSS on the page you are viewing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some recommendations  for developing your NopCommerce store :

Hosting ( reliable and 1st class customer service)  : -softsys hosting  from $3.50 a month ) They are a nopcommerce hosting partner

http://peazip.sourceforge.net/  for unzipping the sourcecode download  ( it's a .rar file )

development tools :
Visual Studio (preferable)       or    Visual Web Developer Express

Firefox browser with firebug installed (brilliant for CSS)

http://filezilla-project.org/         FTP software to upload your store to the server

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are using nopcommerce to run a business, please consider joining the nopcommerce  sponsorship program :
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/41/the-nopcommerce-community-sponsorship-program.aspx

and make a donation to the development team to help fund the project (hell, even if it's just enough to buy them a beer for their hard work !! )

- hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.