NopCommerce 1.8 vs 1.9 - performance comparison for large stores

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I am currently running NopCommerce 1.80 (with modifications) with 70.000 products. I am contemplating upgrading to 1.90. Hence my question.

Has anyone compared 1.90 to 1.80 performance wise on a shop with lots of products? Measurements would be nice but subjective opinions are more than welcome too.

Thanks all!

Filip
11 years ago
Hi Filip,

We have over 10.000 product variants and a lot of filters, categories and discount rules.
We currently run on 1.8 want to upgrade to 2.x, but performance is too slow at this time (2.6).

What's your experience regarding 1.9 performance in comparison to 1.8?

Milo
11 years ago
I think I skipped 1.9 and went straight from 1.8 -> 2.5.

Right now Nop is acceptably fast for large stores (talking about 2.5 .. 2.65 is a bit improved), although the SQL for attributes  filtering is still messed up and needs manual intervention.

My suggestion is don't bother with 1.9 -> go for latest & greatest.

Filip
11 years ago
agree,
one of my client is also planning to upgrade from 1.8 to 2.X(the latest, maybe  2.7 or 2.8) on end of this year.
i suggest directly go to the latest.
11 years ago
thanks, Filip, nopDev.

I originally planned to migrate to 2.6, but the 2.6 test runs are really too slow even on a 5 core VPS and plenty of RAM!
I got some great help from our hoster and add some indexes and installed Application Initialization for IIS 7.5 and changed some IIS settings. The site performed a bit better, but still request can take up to more then 1 second.
On the server I see that all 5 cores are busy (but only about 35%).
Maybe this is due that we have much filters.

I hope that 2.7 will be based on .NET 4.5 and EF5.0 for performance improvement.

Now I'm looking to upgrade to 1.9 for a new payment plugin for international payments (all plugins <1.9 are gone!)
I will do a test upgrade and check the performance.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.