Unable to style Order Progress control for IE 8

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi Folks, I'm having a strange problem styling the Order Progress control as it relates to IE8. The control does not respond to CSS changes when viewed in IE8, but works fine in Fire Fox.

The images do not display, nor do any changes to color for active or inactive ellements. It does respond to resizing for height.

Any suggestions?

TIA!
13 years ago
try clearing the browser cache - it might help ie can be a pain like this sometimes
13 years ago
Thanks for the reply! I did clear the browser cache, which seems to have allowed for changing color settings, but the active and non-active images still aren't displaying.

The CSS class selector for .order-progress ul li .active-step:
background: url('/images/progress-step-active.gif') no-repeat 50% 505;

is the default; this is the same approach to calling the image url as elswhere in the site, such as the header ico images which display without problems.

Very frustrating to say the least!

Thanks again..
13 years ago
Hi there,

Are you talking about 1Bug mentioned in this thread ? https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7400/2-design-bugs-in-checkout-process-of-18-version.aspx
13 years ago
Hi and thank you for the reply. I discovered it is the document mode setting in the developer tools add-on for IE8.

Here's one for the books:

If you are using IE8, and have the Developer tools add-on, check the document mode setting. If it's set to IE7 Standards, this bug(image does not display, etc) will occur. Changing to IE8 Standards allows the images to appear!

Hope this helps others -

--Gary
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.