Error 'The database XXX doesn't exist!' when installing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I'm trying to install nopCommerce on my remote host (Aruba) after a succesfull installation locally.
During install wizard i receive advertisment about the NETWORK SERVICE permissions. I don't think my web host can permit this policy so i've skipped it.
On the Step 2 i've inserted all parameter and after clicked Next the wizard response
'The database XXX doesn't exist'
I've tried the same credential on a simple aspx with a manual SQLConnetion and all seem to work.
I think it can be some problem with permission or schema name, but the error seems very strange.
Anyone can help me? Does anybody has installed nopCommerce on Aruba?
Thank in advance.
14 years ago
Browsing installation code i can see nopCommerce search for the DB name in master.sysdatabases.
In the Aruba MSSQL doesn't exist this row.
I'll try to bypass this check, but there's another issue: all sql scripts are related to DBO schema but in this situation a must use another schema.
Have i to manually find/replace in the scripts or nopCommerce provide a schema selection?
thank you
14 years ago
Did someone knows how to configure the DB for aruba?
it's necessary to change the .sql scripts?
14 years ago
-->bovac

NETWORK SERVICE must be granted read write execute permissions
14 years ago
I just do the following..
Copy the content of the archive with no source to the site, mod the .sql scripts replacing all the [odb] tables calls with my username like [msqXXX] and it goes like a charm..
13 years ago
@scompo

scusa mi pare di capire che hai risolto???

mi spieghi bene come? e che versione sei riuscito ad installare?

grazie
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.